Banana cream pie is a traditional yet delicious dessert. Most of us have seen our grandmothers preparing mouth-watering banana cream pie for Thanksgiving and other special occasions. Banana cream pie is equally favorite among kids and adults. The best thing is that it is very simple to whip up. The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Easy Banana Cream Pie is so light, fluffy, and packed with the deliciousness of ripe bananas. You will require very simple ingredients, most of which are always available in your pantry. Therefore whenever you have ripe bananas and hungry kids in the house, you can whip up the banana cream pie. For convenience, you can use graham cracker crumbs to make a pie crust that does not require blind baking (empty baking). We just made the cream topping frothier by whipping it in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. You won’t require any commercial pudding mixes to make this pie, as the pie custard made with egg yolks is tastier and more satisfying for your heart and soul. It is the best comfort food you can enjoy in all seasons and serve your guests to surprise them.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Pie crust – 9” – homemade or store-bought
- Bananas – 4 – peeled
- Egg yolks – 4
- All-purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Milk – 1 ¾ cups
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Icing sugar – ¾ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon and one pinch
- Butter – 3 ½ tablespoon
- Preheat the oven at 360 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the pie crust for ten minutes.
- Take out the crust from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Set a layer of bananas over the pie crust so that no space is left without bananas.
- Save one banana and make its puree.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and milk.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan and bring to boil while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until the butter melts, and the mixture becomes glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks till they become lighter in color. Add three tablespoons from the milk mixture.
- Now pour all the whisked egg yolks in the milk mixture and keep it again on low heat to simmer.
- When the mixture thickens, add the pureed banana.
- Remove from flame and pour this mixture over the pie crust and banana layer.
- Let it cool, and then refrigerate for three hours or until chilled.
- Mix the heavy cream and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the cream in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the recipe.
- Use one more whip charger if you want an extra frothy cream topping.
- Keep in the refrigerator so that the cream also gets chilled.
- Take out the banana pie and cream whipper from the fridge.
- Dispense a generous layer of whipped cream over the banana pie.
- Garnish with bananas and chocolate chips. Cut into slices before serving.
Can you make the banana cream pie in advance?
The pie requires at least three hours to get chilled and develop flavors. It is even better if you make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator overnight. Dispense the chilled cream topping just before serving the dessert.
Cover the pie with aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing it in the fridge. In this way, it will remain fresh for at least three days.
How to prevent bananas from browning in a banana cream pie?
If your bananas in the pudding turn brown, there is no need to discard the whole dessert. Though it may become somewhat unattractive, it remains safe to eat. When bananas are sliced, and they are exposed to oxygen which turns them brown. To prevent oxidation in bananas, sprinkle a very small amount of any citrus juice such as orange, lemon, or pineapple juice. Don’t soak bananas in the juice, as it will change the overall flavor of banana cream pie.
Can you freeze banana cream pie?
Yes, you can freeze the banana cream pie. Some people may prefer eating frozen banana pie, especially in summers. When you want to eat or serve, take it out from the freezer and wait for ten to fifteen minutes before cutting it into slices.
How do you thicken a pie filling?
If the pie filling does not get enough thickness from the egg yolks, you can also add a little bit of cornstarch, flour, or tapioca. However, the banana pie recipe does not require any additional thickening agents, so it is better to avoid them.
Bringing this Banana Cream Pie to your next family gathering? Make sure to create our Infused Rich Chocolate Cake to really "wow" your family.