Eggnog with a Twist
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Eggnog with a Twist is a classic holiday drink. You can impress your guests by introducing unique twists to the traditionally spiked eggnog. Though it may seem unusual, you can also enjoy eggnog as a dessert as it has a rich, creamy, custard-like consistency. It goes best with sweet pastries, plain spice cake and gingerbread cookies. This essential winter cocktail can be made in a lot of different ways. The base ingredients will remain the same and include eggs, milk, sugar, cream and a spirit. Most of the people add booze to their eggnog by adding rum, brandy, bourbon or a combination. The addition of fancy spirits takes your cocktail game to the next level. Whatever you add to your eggnog, we assure that aerating it with our Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser will add more cheer in your parties. You can also enjoy a warm eggnog in hot, chilling winter nights.
- Egg yolks – 5
- Egg whites – 4
- Castor sugar – 1/3 cup
- Half and a half – 2 ½ cups
- Brandy – ¼ cup
- Bourbon whiskey – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract – 2 drops
- Crushed nutmeg – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Whisk only the egg yolks with half of the sugar until they become fluffy.
- Gradually add the half and half to the egg yolks mixture.
- At this point, the mixture should have a very light and fluffy consistency.
- Take a double boiler or make one by heating water in a large vessel, then place the mixture in a metallic bowl over the boiling water.
- Stir the custard gradually till it starts getting thicker.
- After ten minutes, when the custard has thickened considerably, add whisky, brandy, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- When the mixture gets slightly cool, pour it in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with 1 Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously so that the Nitrogen Oxide (N2O) gets fully infused in the drink.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- To serve eggnog, put 1 – 2 tablespoon of whipped egg white in each glass. Dispense the cream mixture directly from the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Serve with a spoon so that the guests can mix both of the layers according to their taste.
Why is my eggnog curdling?
Eggnog contains milk that has casein micelles in it. When you add alcohol, the solution becomes acidic and causes the milk protein to curdle.
How to fix lumpy eggnog?
When you cook the egg yolks directly on a flame, or if the yolk mixture is heated rapidly, the proteins form undesirable bonds giving a lumpy appearance to the eggnog. If this condition appears, use an immersion blender to smooth up the mixture but avoid over-processing. Then sieve and pour in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
Does eggnog taste better when served hot or cold?
An eggnog cocktail tastes best when it is served cold, and therefore before serving at parties, you should keep it refrigerated until the time you serve it. Eggnog is a versatile drink, and you can enjoy it hot or warm on chilling winter nights. You can easily heat eggnog in a microwave. Warm eggnog goes best with a chocolate cake.
Can you serve eggnog with ice?
Eggnog tastes best when made fresh and served chilled. It is better to serve eggnog after cooling it in the refrigerator. However, if you don’t have time to refrigerate the concoction, you can serve it over ice cubes.
How long can you keep eggnog frozen?
Both store-bought and homemade eggnog can be stored in the freezer for up to six months. Use an airtight freezer-safe box, and don’t fill it up right up to the edges. It is essential to leave some room for its expansion.
How can you defrost the eggnog?
The best way to defrost frozen eggnog is to place it in the fridge overnight or a few hours. The cold temperature of the fridge prevents the ingredients in the eggnog from spoilage.
Why is eggnog associated with Christmas?
Many people associate eggnog with the Christmas holidays. That is why manufacturers also produce more batches of eggnog during the cold season. You can always whip up eggnog in any season and serve it at your party.
Looking to whip up the perfect holiday menu? The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Rich Chocolate Cake makes the best dessert for any upcoming celebrations!
Photo by Aleisha Kalina