Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Rosy Cosmopolitan Cocktail with Triple Sec Foam
Delicious, rosy pink, sweet and sour – this rosy Cosmopolitan cocktail is made a unique twist to the old-fashioned Cosmo. The tartness from orange liqueur cuts back on the sweet notes coming from rose and vanilla. The drink is perfect for your next party, especially if the superstar of your party is a girl or woman.
We made this recipe for Mother’s Day, and it turned out to be a super-hit. The drink perfectly suits the brilliance and splendor of the occasion though you can also cherish it for other occasions as well. Bartender Bruno Pereira designs this well-crafted perfection.
The aromatic vanilla makes this rosy cosmopolitan cocktail a delicious treat, and the rose-infused base will excite your taste buds. The triple sec and cardamom foam is beautiful and exotic. And all these three delicacies are combined to make a flawless aperitif for all festivities.
The beautiful foam made by whipping Triple Sec in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser is an amazing addition to the beauty and taste profile of the drink. Serve with a straw so that your guests can mix the foam while sipping their Cosmo.
- Vanilla vodka – 2 ½ tablespoons – you can alternatively use vanilla-infused vodka infusion at 17 bars
- Triple sec – ¾ tablespoon
- Sugar syrup – ¾ tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Rosewater – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Water – 2 ¼ cups
- Dried rose petals – 7.5 grams
- Triple sec – ¼ cup
- Cardamom seeds – 4
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cream (20% fat) – ½ cup
- Xanthan gum – 0.5 grams
- Squeeze the cardamom pods and take out the seeds.
- In a saucepan, pour milk and add the cardamoms.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Strain the milk and let it cool.
- Blend the milk with cream, xanthan gum, are perfection well bartender then strain
- Pour this mixture into Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Attach one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake for a few seconds to infuse the nitrous into the recipe.
- Place the whipped cream dispenser in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Boil the rose petals in water for twenty to thirty minutes. Strain the water and let it cool.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add triple sec, vanilla-infused vodka, lemon juice, sugar syrup, and rose water. Shake well and double strain before pouring into cocktail glasses.
- Dispense the chilled triple sec foam on top. Top with a rose petal and serve.
What variations can you make to this recipe?
Cosmo is a versatile cocktail that you can make in hundreds of ways. Make variations by experimenting with ingredients. For example, you can use cranberry juice that is a fundamental ingredient of this pink drink. You will find recipes where Cointreau is used instead of triple sec. Similarly, a berry or citrus vodka can take the place of vanilla vodka. It is just what your taste buds want from you! There is no hard and fast rule when you are making a cosmopolitan cocktail.
Is cosmopolitan a women’s drink?
Though the cosmopolitan is loved by men and women alike, there is something feminine about this cocktail. It is probably the pink color of a cosmopolitan that makes it so trendy ladies’ cocktail. It is partly because the popular 1990s series, “Sex in the City,” made it related to girls. The show portrayed the drink as glamorous, beautiful, and girly.
Triple Sec vs. Cointreau – which one is better and why?
Cointreau is made from bittersweet orange peels. It is one of the finest kinds of triple sec (dry orange liqueur to the bartender the bright orange flavor). It is fragrant, and on your palate, it is smooth and clean. You can describe the taste as sweet and bitter. Cointreau has a greater alcohol content that is approximately 40% ABV.
It is a simple name that is given to any dry orange-flavored liqueur. And Cointreau is also a type of Triple Sec. The bottles labeled as Triple Sec are inferior in quality than Cointreau. You will notice that the bottles of Triple Sec are cheaper than the Cointreau. They have an intense orange taste that resembles the taste of orange-infused vodka. The ABV ranges from 15 to 30 percent.
Always use Cointreau in a recipe instead of Triple Sec regardless of what is mentioned in the recipe. If affordable for you, Cointreau is the best choice for Cosmopolitan Cocktail.