Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers and Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispensers are versatile tools that present limitless possibilities in food and beverage preparation. A great number of things can go into a whipped cream dispenser for making espuma, whipping creams and creating foams. Owning a whipped cream dispenser opens great opportunities for experimenting with your favorite food. We have introduced two unique yet beneficial uses of a cream whipper – Rapid Infusion and Meat Injection, both utilized in our Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Mediterranean Vegetables with Chicken Breast. Chicken breast has a relatively low amount of fat. That is why it is often preferred by people who are on a diet or are advised by their dietitian to avoid fatty meats. However, it has a dry texture when roasted. To make chicken breast juicier and more palatable, we injected it with a mixture of oil, herbs and stock. We found that the results were awesome. Here is how we made it.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Butter – 3.5 tablespoons
- Canola Oil – ½ cup
- Thyme - 1 sprig
- Rosemary - 1 sprig
- Lemon - 1/2
- Star Anise - 1
- Garlic Clove - 1/2
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable Stock - 1/2 cup
- Xanthan Gum - 1/4 teaspoon
- Canola Oil - 1/2 cup
- Take a pan and heat oil and butter until the butter melts.
- Turn off the heat and add garlic, herbs and star anise.
- Pour this mixture into a 0.5 L Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Set the rapid infusion and charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Leave it for one hour so that it can infuse.
- Quickly, remove the air from the bottle by building pressure on the lever.
- Take a sieve and strain the oil through it.
- In a pan, caramelize the sugar and add the stock.
- Now add the xanthan gum and mix well. Add the infused oil and butter mixture.
- Pour this mixture again in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Attach an injection tip long enough to inject this mixture into the chicken.
- Screw a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake for at least eight times.
- With the help of the dispenser, inject this mixture into the chicken breast. Operate the lever carefully.
- Take a cling film and wrap the chicken in it.
- Marinate the chicken for one hour.
- You can use this technique to infuse and inject marinades for veal and prawns.
What is the benefit of Injecting Meat when Smoking or Cooking?
Are you still wondering why you need to inject the chicken with this seasoning mix? Injecting meats is not required when you are using juicy, tender cuts of meat or poultry. There are certain benefits that you get from injecting seasonings in various cuts of meat.
The basic purpose of injecting a piece of meat is to enhance its flavor. You can add a variety of flavors by making use of different flavorings and juices. The traditional techniques of infusing flavors into meat include brining and marinating.
However, injecting is the latest technique that helps the flavoring penetrate deeper inside the meat. Therefore the result is more flavorful and tastier meat.
No one prefers eating a dry piece of pork, chicken or beef. Keeping the meat juicy and moist is essential for making it palatable. One way of creating very tender and juicy meat out of naturally dry cuts is by injecting them with carefully formulated flavoring mixes.
While the traditional seasoning methods such as marinating and brining take a lot of time, you need to soak the meat in the seasonings for hours to absorb the flavors. The process may require you to leave the meat in the refrigerator overnight. It will also take a lot of space in your refrigerator. Injecting the meat saves from a lot of hassle while giving the desirable moisture and flavor to your meat.
What can you inject into Meat?
Most of the professional recipes for injecting meats in restaurants is kept secret. You can use this recipe as a sample and experiment with herbs and other flavors. Here are a few basic points that you must keep in mind while injecting meats;
- It should not contain excessive salt or other strong flavors that mask the real flavor of the meat.
- A variety of ingredients such as butter, olive oil, garlic are often used in injecting concoctions. In addition to these ingredients, sauces, broths, and stocks are also added.
- The ingredients of an injecting concoction should complement the type of meat and the type of recipe.
What kind of meat is good for injecting?
You can inject most of the meats, but this procedure is particularly suitable for dry meats. Most of the time, it is useless to inject juicier cuts as they are already soft and flavorful. The meats that are injected commonly include thick pork chops, beef roast, lamb legs, chicken breasts and pork loins.