Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Whipped Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries
Pre-made chocolate coated strawberries are quite expensive. With a little bit of effort, you can make them at home with the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Whipped Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries. Homemade chocolate coated strawberries are delicious and inexpensive. To add a hint of luxury to chocolate-coated strawberries, we filled their center with cream whipped in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Make a perfect treat for your love on Valentine’s Day, or surprise your guests with this lovely treat. Eat them on their own or use them to decorate your cake; these mouth-melting whipped cream strawberries while amazing you. This recipe constitutes only three basic ingredients – strawberries, chocolate and cream. Therefore the quality of each of them matters in determining the taste of this dessert. And of course, you will need a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Strawberries – 2 ¼ cups
- Sweet chocolate – 1 3/8 cups
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¼ cups
- Melted white chocolate, toasted almonds or chopped pistachios for garnish
- Wash the strawberries and let them dry.
- Remove the stem and core from the center of strawberries.
- Pour the heavy cream and sugar in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Hold the strawberries one by one and dispense the whipped cream over them.
- Place the strawberries on greaseproof paper already set on a baking sheet.
- Take a heatproof bowl and place chocolate in it.
- Place this bowl over a pot with boiling water.
- Melt the chocolate while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and gently dip each stuffed strawberry in the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle nuts over the melted chocolate before it sets.
- Place the strawberries over the greaseproof paper and refrigerate for two hours.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
How to Prepare the Strawberries for the Dessert:
There is no need to buy expensive chocolate coated strawberries when you can make them at home. Here are a few tips that will help you make delicious chocolate strawberries.
- Always use the ripe strawberries that have a deep red color. This is somewhat tricky as the red strawberries are sometimes overripe. You need to make sure that you pick only firm and blemish-free strawberries that are uniform in size.
- Rinse the strawberries in cool running water, place on a paper towel and pat dry. The strawberries must be completely dry before you start making this treat.
- If you cannot access fresh strawberries from a berry patch or farmer’s market, bring the refrigerated strawberries to room temperature first. Remove any excess moisture or grease present on the surface of strawberries.
- Any substance or moisture present on strawberries’ surface will not let the chocolate stick properly on the surface. It may also cause water droplets to appear on the chocolate surface.
How to Choose the Best Chocolate for Coating Strawberries:
For making great-tasting, chocolate-dipped strawberries, you will need high-quality chocolate. If you try to use any cheap or low-quality chocolate chips, you will not get the desired results. High-quality chocolate chips melt easily, have a natural taste and give a nice shiny coat to the strawberries.
You can also use high-quality bar chocolate. Low-quality bar chocolates have a greasy appearance. Simple baking chocolate also works best in this recipe. You can use bittersweet, semi-sweet or milk chocolate, depending on your taste preference.
The chocolate you are using should have a beautiful sheen and a nice snap once they dry on the surface of strawberries.
Can You Melt Chocolate Chips In the Microwave?
If you are using great quality chocolate chips, you can meet them in a microwave. When using a microwave, heat the chocolate chips in a glass bowl for 20 seconds. Then take out and stir. Repeat if required.
Can You Freeze the Chocolate Coated Strawberries?
You cannot freeze chocolate covered strawberries because when you thaw them, they will become soggy. This moisture will make them lose their chocolate coating.
Is it necessary to temper the chocolate for this recipe?
Tempering the chocolate while you are melting it to coat the strawberries. It helps prevent strawberries from becoming grey, dull or streaky upon cooling. To temper the melted chocolate, you will need to follow these simple steps.
Save some chocolate (nearly 1 tbsp.) and melt the rest of the chocolate, preferably using a double boiler.
Stir occasionally and remove from flame when the chocolate is melted.
Then add the saved chocolate to the molten chocolate and stir continuously.
This added chocolate will temper the melted chocolate and give it the right temperature and consistency for dipping.
Tips for Dipping Strawberries:
These tips will help you in making the perfect chocolate-dipped strawberries;
- Don’t dip the strawberries in a very hot chocolate. High temperature scorches and softens the strawberries, and they will lose their firmness.
- Swirl the strawberries gently in the chocolate to remove the excess coating.
- You can place strawberries on parchment paper, wax paper or a silicone baking mat after coating them with chocolate.
- Garnish should blend with the size and flavor of the whipped cream filled strawberries.
How long do chocolate covered strawberries last?
Ideally, you should serve and eat the whipped cream-filled chocolate coated strawberries within a few hours. Even if refrigerated, they will lose their freshness after 24 hours.