Aerated Chocolate Nougat Pastry and Grain Ice Cream
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
France has always led the world when it comes to culinary experts. They have unique expertise in creating bread, cheeses, entrees and some of the most decadent desserts in the world originated in France. From crème Brulee to eclairs and from mousse to macrons, the culinary world is taken over by the delicacy and luxury of the French desserts. We recreated a recipe of Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Aerated Chocolate Nougat Pastry and Grain Ice Cream. We used our Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser to simulate a dessert for which you have to travel to France, Germany, or Austria if you want to taste it. With a little effort, you can make a dessert that will bring home the luxury of the French dining experience. When your sweet cravings ask for a treat with a creative twist, and you are not in a position to dine in a French restaurant, this recipe is your lifesaver. You can enjoy this complex dessert which combines many different flavors and textures to let you indulge in the luxury of French cuisine.
- Nougat – one bar of 50 grams
- Potatoes (floury) – 3 medium
- Flour – ½ cup
- Egg yolks – 2/3 cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- White chocolate – 250 grams
- Oats – ½ cup
- Buckwheat (whole) – ¼ cup
- Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Heavy cream – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Apple – 2
- Apple juice – 1 ¼ cup
- Cinnamon sticks – 0.5
- Vanilla beans – 1
- Lemon – 0.5 – juice and zest
- Curd cheese (quark) – ½ cups
- Powdered sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Rum – 1
- Lemon juice – 1
- Durum wheat semolina – 2 tablespoons
- Brown butter – 1 ¾ tablespoon
- Sunflower oil – 3 ½ tablespoons
- Barley – 2 tablespoons
- Amaranth – 2 teaspoons
- Sesame – 2 teaspoons
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Dice the nougat into small cubes of about 1 cm in size.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 60 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and pass them through a sieve.
- In a bowl, add potatoes, egg yolks, flour, durum wheat grains, browned butter, sweet breadcrumbs, and one pinch of salt and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the dough and make it flat with 4 mm thickness.
- Cut with a cookie cutter. Wrap the nougat and seal the pastry’s edges.
- Freeze the pastry pockets.
- Boil for 5 minutes before serving after boiling the coat with sweet bread crumbs.
- Melt the white chocolate and add the sunflower oil.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a 0.5 L Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Shake the cream whipper vigorously to infuse the mixture and leave it to rest on a counter for at least fifteen minutes.
- Then while holding the bottle straight, remove the pressure and open it.
- Pour the chocolate into a chilled container and keep it in the freezer.
- When solidified, make equal pieces of the chocolate.
- Mix all the grains – oat flakes, barley, amaranth, buckwheat, and white sesame in a pan and roast slightly.
- Add one ¼ cup milk and one ¼ cup cream.
- Remove from flame and set aside for at least eight hours.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and pour it into a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to boil over low flame.
- Now add the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl, whisk over steam, or make a double boiler.
- When the yolk mixture becomes warm, add the cream mixture and salt.
- Keep stirring the mixture constantly till it reaches the temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all this ice cream mixture into a Pacojet cup and freeze.
Stir the ice cream in Pacojet till it becomes creamy and serve.
- Peel and core the apples. Finely chop them.
- In a pan, caramelize one tablespoon of sugar and deglaze with apple juice.
- Add pulp from half vanilla pod, cinnamon stick, juice, and zest of half lemon and cook the mixture till the apple becomes soft.
- Mix the quark, some milk, icing sugar, pulp of half vanilla pod, a dash of lemon juice, and a dash of rum. Make a smooth mixture.
- On a serving plate, serve all the things together.
What Is Nougat?
Nougat is an aerated confection that is made from mixed nuts and fruits. The base is made from sugar which varies in composition. The nougat may be chewy or brittle. Nougat is originally a Mediterranean treat where the people used honey and sundried nuts to make them. It also contains some amount of egg whites.
Ready for the ultimate indulgence? Pair this chocolatey treat with our Nitrous Infused Oreo Cafe Latte for the best dessert treat!