Apple Rings in Beer Batter & Berry Foam
This Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Apple Rings in Beer Batter with Berry Foam are a perfect summer and fall treat. Made from sliced apple rings, dipped in a flour-beer batter, and deep fried until crispy. These decadent apples make a perfect flavor combination with creamy, light berry foam. A perfect dessert recipe for all occasions, chilled berry foam served with decadent apple slices is a must-try combination. This creamy and fluffy berry foam makes the apple slices a lip-smacking treat for your family and friends on all festivals and special occasions. Whipping the berry paste in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser makes it exceptionally frothy and light. These crispy apple rings with berry foam are highly addictive, and the best thing is that the kids will love them. The dessert is ideal for the fall season as you can grab some tastiest apples in this season. You can use frozen or canned berries for more convenience if fresh aren’t available in the market.
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Flour – ½ cup
- Apples – 3
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Egg white – 1
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Pale ale – ¼ cup
- Frying fat – 1 cup
- Berries – 1 ¼ cups
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Scrub and wash the apples.
- Remove the apple core with the help of a round biscuit cutter or apple corer.
- Cut into 5 mm thick slices.
- Mix the flour, beer, icing sugar, and salt to form a batter in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk to the dough and remove egg whites.
- Preheat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip each apple slice in the batter and place it in the frying pan.
- Turn the side when it is golden brown.
- Remove the fried apple slices from the pan and let them cool on a paper towel.
- Add 20 grams of icing sugar to the berries and pulse in a blender with water.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks and mixes it in the berry mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Screw one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the nitrous oxide into the recipe.
- Place the whipped cream dispenser in the fridge so that the berry foam becomes chilled.
Should you peel the apples before frying them?
Unpeeled apples are better able to retain their shape after frying. The skin of apples becomes tender when you fry them and adds to the flavor and fiber content of the fried apple. So we see no point in discarding the peels. However, you can peel your apples if you prefer them that way.
How can you make your fried apples healthier?
Here are some easy ways to cut back on the calories without depriving yourself of this delicacy.
Do not deep fry the apples; just grease a frying pan with pure butter and fry the apple rings.
Substitute a non-nutritive sweetener for the sugar used in the recipe.
You can also use buttermilk instead of pale ale as a non-alcoholic ingredient.
Reduce the amount of salt if you are making the recipe for someone with hypertension.
What goes with homemade fried apples?
You can consume homemade fried apples as a dessert or as a side dish.
Serve them with baked chicken or sausage.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream over the fried apples and drizzle some chocolate sauce.
Serve with pancakes, French toast, or waffles for a healthy breakfast.
Serve with a bowl of oatmeal for a healthy start to your day.
What are the best apples for frying?
Granny Smith, Empire, Golden Delicious, Braeburn, Pink Lady, and Cortland apples give an amazing taste upon frying. The secret of perfect fried apples lies in the selection of the right apples. You must avoid using apples that are discolored or bruised. Hold the apples and squeeze them gently to know whether or not they have some mushy spots. Tossing them hastily in a cart or a bag may damage their texture.
Add to the sweetness by pairing these scrumptious Apple Rings with our Nitrous Infused Nutella Mousse!