Summer is a time when we all crave to eat very light desserts that require minimal efforts. Desserts made from fresh fruits and whipped cream are the best treat for the summer season, for weekends, and party dinners. Why not surprise your guests with this delicious combo of apples and cranberries, both whipped into a light yet luxurious foam? Try out our way of making cranberry whipped cream in our Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger. You can turn your delicious, organic apples into a simple yet delicious seasonal dessert. This recipe is a great way to consume cooked apples or apples that have a sharp flavor. This sweet treat will surely leave you and your guests craving for more.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Milk – 7/8 cup
- Heavy cream – 2 ¼ cups
- Sugar – 13 tablespoons
- Eggs – 2
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Gelatin – 4 sheets
- Apples – 2-4
- Rum – 2 tablespoons
- Cranberries – 1 cup
For Baked Apple Mousse:
- Cook apples in the oven till they become soft.
- Take out from the oven, cool them and remove their cores and skins.
- Mash the apples by passing them through a fine sieve and keep them aside.
- Take a saucepan and heat rum, milk and four tablespoons of sugar. When it begins to boil, add the egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Don’t overheat the egg yolks.
- Dip the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Take a small portion from the milk mixture, heat it and mix the gelatin.
- Add the milk and gelatin mixture into the remaining portion of the milk mixture.
- Add 9 tablespoons of sugar into the egg whites and beat until they form stiff peaks.
- Whisk the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Combine the milk mixture with the apple mixture
- Now add the whipped egg whites and heavy cream, and your apple mousse is ready.
- Take one ¼ cup of heavy cream and add the cranberries, lemon juice, and four sugar tablespoon.
- Pour this cream mixture into a 0.5 liter Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Screw 1 Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and add
- Shake vigorously and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours to set.
- Take a serving dish, scoop the baked apple mousse and dispense the Cranberry cream from the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Or take a glass, make a base with biscuits or cake of your choice, pour some baked apple mousse, and top with the cranberry cream.
You can also whip the egg whites in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser easily and quickly. You will then have to use sugar syrup instead of granulated sugar. Then sieve the mixture through a funnel into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Attach a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake.
Variations you can make with this recipe:
Try other varieties of Apples:
We usually use Granny Smith apples for making this recipe as they give a sharp, crisp flavor. You can also try Pink Fir, but they are softer and sweeter.
Try other fruits:
You can also try this recipe with pears. Concord pears and sweet Williams go well in this recipe. You can cook and puree the pears according to the instructions given for apples. You can also use pumpkin as well.
How to choose the Apples for making the Mousse?
You can choose different kinds of apples for making the baked apple mousse. You don’t need the crispy ones because ultimately, you are going to mash them. If you have grabbed slightly dented or overripe apples in a discount sale, they can also go in this recipe.
The taste of some apples is sweet while the others are tart. You can adjust the amount of sugar you add to this recipe according to the kind of apples you are using and how much sweetness you prefer. For a complex flavor, you can use a variety of apples.
What are the different components of a mousse?
Mousse is made with varying degrees of fluffiness. They may be light or thick, sweet or savory. You can serve them either warm or chilled. Usually, the mousse is made from four fundamental components: an aerator, a binder, a focused flavor, and the seasonings (or flavorings).
How long does it take for a mousse to set?
You must keep the mousse in the refrigerator to set it before serving. Usually, this mousse takes fifteen to thirty minutes to get the right texture.
What is meant by mousse?
Mousse is a dessert that combines the whipped eggs and whipped cream to produce a light, foamy texture in the food. They are popular because they are deliciously creamy and mouth melting when made with the right base and flavorings.