Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes: Cheddar Foam Stuffed Potatoes
Baked potatoes are a traditional Christmas dinner, and everyone loves them. Baked potatoes filled with broccoli, bacon, and cheese foam are an outstanding side dish that can complement any of your meals. You can impress your guests by serving this economical yet decadent potato specialty in potlucks, get-togethers, or party dinners.
The cheesy baked potatoes are a complete meal on their own. They are packed with nutrients yet so light that you won’t regret eating them on a working day. This versatile dish is suitable for both summers and winters. The baked and stuffed potatoes are so delicious that they are loved by all children and adults, even the picky eaters.
The cheddar cheese sauce is so versatile, easy, and creamy that you can also use it in recipes other than the baked potatoes. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser infuses Nitrous Oxide Gas (N2O) to form countless air pockets in the cheese sauce. Then the nitrous oxide escapes out of the sauce to leave an incredibly airy, light, and fluffy sauce.
The dish is then topped with some toasted bacon, very finely chopped broccoli, and chives. You can alter the recipe and use your favorite flavorings to make the dish more palatable for your family.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Mild cheddar cheese – ¾ cup
- Crème Fraiche – ½ cup
- Whole milk – ½ cup
- Corn starch – 3 ½ tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Baked and roasted baby potatoes – 500 gram
- Roasted bacon – 2 slices
- Chives – 2 teaspoons – chopped
- Melted cheese – 3 tablespoons – for dripping
- Take a bowl and grate cheddar cheese in it. Sprinkle the corn starch.
- In a saucepan, add milk, crème Fraiche, and Worcestershire sauce and cook over low heat.
- When the mixture starts simmering, add the cheese.
- Let the mixture cook until the Cheddar cheese melts, and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for few minutes.
- Pour in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream and charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Charger.
- Shake the cream whipper vigorously ten times.
- Dispense the cheddar foam immediately.
- Gently open the baked potatoes and scoop some of their flesh from the center.
- Dispense the cheddar cheese foam directly on the potato pockets.
- Garnish the potatoes with very finely chopped broccoli, bacon chunks, and chives.
- Drizzle some more melted cheddar cheese for an extremely cheesy treat.
Should you poke holes in the potatoes before you bake them?
The answer is yes; you should always poke some holes through the potato skin with the help of a fork. Here is the science behind it. When the potatoes are cooked, their moisture is converted into steam. When you make incisions on the potatoes’ outer surface, you give them space to let the steam escape from the potato.
When you place potatoes in the oven without making holes in their skin, your dish is at risk. When the moisture builds inside the potato, it exerts pressure and makes the potatoes explode. In this case, the potatoes will no longer remain usable for stuffing, and you can only use them like mashed potatoes.
What is the best potato for baking?
The flavor profile of baked potatoes depends mainly on their starch content. You can use red and yellow potatoes but if you want very delicious baked potatoes, use Russet potatoes. They have a light and soft texture and a very decadent flavor.
Is it necessary to cover the potatoes with aluminum foil before keeping them in the oven?
For the best results, place the potatoes directly over the oven rack. Do not wrap them in aluminum foil because it traps moisture. When the steam does not escape the surroundings of wrapped potatoes, their skin becomes soggy instead of becoming crispy.
Covering the potatoes may also give a boiled taste instead of the roasted one. Therefore you must not wrap your potatoes before baking unless your recipe instructs you to do so. However, you can cover them after they are fully cooked to keep them warm.
Can you bake potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake potatoes ahead of time when you are in a hurry. You can either keep them in the oven to make them stay warm for six hours (obviously after turning off the heat).
You can also refrigerate the baked potatoes if you are making them a day before serving them. In that case, you only need to reheat and garnish them before serving.
Can you refrigerate and use leftover baked potatoes?
Yes, keeping the leftover baked potatoes refrigerated will prevent bacterial growth and keep them edible for a couple of days. For a change in flavor, you can mash them and use them in other dishes.