Hazelnut Spongecakeby Wyatt Price
Looking for a quick and convenient treat? Try this delicious hazelnut sponge cake that you can whip up and bake in only five minutes. When your dessert craving hits for a lip-smacking treat, and you need something very quickly, this hazelnut cake is the right thing for you. You can whip a very soft, light cake in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser with a few simple ingredients. The hazelnut cake has a simple recipe, and the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser makes it one of the fluffiest cakes you may have ever eaten. The moist and delicious microwave sponge cake tastes just like those that are baked in conventional ovens. You can make it on the day you have to serve it as it is so quick. The combination of hazelnuts praline paste, hazelnut oil, and ground hazelnut makes it rich, flavorful, and decadent.
- Hazelnuts – ½ cup
- Hazelnut praline paste – 2 tablespoons
- Hazelnut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Flour – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 4
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Grind the hazelnuts to make flour. Don’t over grind as it will turn them in the hazelnut butter.
- Mix the hazelnut flour with eggs, flour, sugar, and hazelnut praline paste in a bowl.
- Pulse in a blender until the mixture becomes very smooth. Make sure that no lumps remain in the mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake well to infuse the nitrous oxide into the ingredients.
- Place the whipped cream dispenser in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make a hole in six plastic cups and dispense the sponge cake mixture in each of them, filling half of the cup.
- Place the cups in a microwave and cook for 35 minutes at high power.
- Take out the cups from the microwave and place them upside down to keep the cakes moist.
- When the cakes cool down, take them out from their cups, and place them on a separate serving plate.
- Cut each cake into four smaller pieces, and place white chocolate and chopped hazelnuts in between them.
- Top the dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Drizzle salted caramel or chocolate sauce.
Can you make a mug cake with this recipe?
Yes, you can pour the hazelnut sponge cake batter in mugs if you want to bake them in a mug. However, unlike other mug cakes, you cannot mix the ingredients in the mug as you need to whip them in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Baking the cake in mugs will take a bit more time so that you can give up to 40 – 60 seconds. The cake will not rise much after baking because we have not added any leavening agents. But you should not fill the cup to the rim as it may cause spillage.
How can I make hazelnut cake without an oven?
There is no need to worry if you don’t have an oven; you can easily enjoy the cakes baked in your microwave. You can save a lot of time baking in the microwave as it heats the food very rapidly. Microwave ovens use microwave radiations for cooking the foods from inside, but they tend to make them drier in texture.
How to set the right temperature for baking in a microwave?
When using a microwave oven for baking a cake, it is essential to set the right temperature for baking. In a microwave that has a convection mode, you can set the temperature to 180 degrees.
If it is a simple microwave oven, then turn the power to 100%. In most microwave ovens available in the market, it is power level 10 that you will need for baking cakes.
How much time is required to bake a cake in the oven?
If you bake the cake in regular cake pans, it will require 10 to 15 minutes to cook properly from inside at 180 degrees or power level 10. However, when you distribute the cake batter in small cups, it will take just a few seconds in baking.
Can you make a cake in a microwave oven without eggs?
Eggs have a significant role in a cake batter. However, you can replace them with bananas if you have an egg allergy or are on a strict vegetarian diet. Using bananas instead of eggs will give a slight banana flavor to the cake.
How can you make this cake gluten-free?
If you want to enjoy a gluten-free cake, you can replace the flour with hazelnut flour; to make it less caloric replace sugar with a sweetener of your choice.