Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Shepherd’s pie is a casserole that contains minced meat and vegetables. It is topped with a layer of creamy soft mashed potatoes and baked in the oven until the potatoes are brown. The dish was invented to reuse leftover meat. However it is now a popular dish especially associated with St. Patrick’s Day. The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Shepherd’s Pie is a tasty and filling dish which is served as the main course. So you can make it more interesting with the careful selection of side dishes that complement it when served together. Assembled with a layer of ground meat and vegetables in the bottom, and soft creamy potatoes at the top, this delicious comfort food is popular across both the USA and UK. You can balance the intense richness of shepherd’s pie by serving it with crunchy carrots, mushy peas, mashes, parsnip or any other of your favorite vegetables. You can also make it lighter and fluffier by whipping the potatoes in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Serve it at any special lunch or dinner, and your family or friends will be impressed. You may also add some cheese to make your shepherd’s pie more luxurious and indulging. The shepherd’s pie is a rich and luxurious dish, and it is better not to serve any fried foods or heavy foods with it.
- Lamb mince – 14 oz – coarsely minced
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Shallot – 1 – finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 – finely chopped
- Peas – ½ cup
- Flour – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper – 1 pinch
- Parsley – 1 teaspoon – chopped
- Potatoes – 2 – medium
- Egg yolk – 1
- Half and half – 3 tablespoons (you can also use milk)
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1<br/>
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté the shallot in it on a low flame.
- Add the mince and fry it while constantly stirring for about 8 – 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Break any lumps if present.
- Now add the peas and carrots.
- Sprinkle the flour and mix well.
- Pour 1.5 cups of water and let it simmer for ten more minutes or until the meat is done.
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take a 7 x 7 buttered ovenproof dish and layer the cooked minced meat in the bottom
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan until they become soft.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- Add the egg yolk to the potatoes and mix well.
- Also, add the butter and half and half (or milk).
- Pour the potato mixture in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Screw the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger, shake well, and screw a thick nozzle to infuse the recipe.
- Dispense the whipped potatoes directly over the minced meat to make a thick layer. Take care that all the minced meat should be completely covered.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 – 20 minutes or until the top layer becomes brown.
- Take it out from the oven and let it rest for five to ten minutes before serving.
Can you make shepherd’s pie with beef?
Traditionally, the shepherd’s pie is made with minced meat from lamb or mutton. When you are making the pie with the beef mince, you should call it cottage pie. However, in the US, most people will call it shepherd’s pie even if they are making it with beef mince.
You can also make your cottage pie with the mince of chicken, ground turkey, or even ground pork. Though it won’t be the traditional shepherd’s pie, it will remain a delicious, flavorful treat.
What vegetables go best in shepherd’s pie?
You will find carrots, peas, and onions in the classical shepherd’s pie. Your family may also appreciate the presence of sweet corns in the casserole. We have seen people adding and enjoying the following vegetables in a shepherd’s pie;
The choice of vegetables depends on your personal and family’s taste preferences. Alter the recipe and make it perfectly suitable for your taste buds.
Can you use instant potatoes instead of freshly mashed potatoes in a shepherd’s pie?
If you are a perfectionist who always loves to create dishes from scratch, you won’t use instant potatoes. They will never taste the same as the ones boiled and mashed fresh in your kitchen. Secondly, the fresh mashed potatoes are easily whipped up, and there is no need for a ready-made substitute. However, if you think you can’t manage, you can try the recipe with instant potatoes.
How to freeze shepherd’s pie?
Shepherd’s pie is suitable for busy moms who prefer freezer meals. Shepherd’s pie is one of the best and convenient freezer meals. It is easy to whip up in a large quantity; then, you can make portions, wrap or freeze them in freezer-safe airtight bowls.
You can also store them in a disposable aluminum pie plate and wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. You can also save the entire pie plate in a freezer storage bag. Don’t forget to label with the date and use within three months. When required, place in the oven for twenty minutes and serve.
You can also just prepare and freeze the minced meat. When required, thaw the meat overnight in the fridge, whip up fresh potatoes and bake.
How to reheat the shepherd’s pie leftovers?
You can heat the shepherd’s pie in a microwave for 60 – 90 seconds while checking the temperature in one or two intervals. Continue till it reaches the desired temperature.
Suppose you do not prefer using a microwave; place it in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before taking it out from the oven.
Give your taste buds the perfect sense of "starch-relief" with the Infused Lemonade with Blueberry Froth Recipe!