Steak Tartare with Sour Apples
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Believe it or not, you will fall in love with this lightly seasoned, a little bit chewy Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Steak Tartare with Sour Apples. The recipe includes the secret of making instant yet delicious pickles with the help of a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers
Ingredients for Quick Pickles
Cider Vinegar – 7/8 cup
Water – 7/8 cup
Sugar – 1 1/8 cup
Kosher Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
Celery seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cucumber – 1 medium – thinly sliced
Red onion – 1 medium – thinly sliced
For Steak Tartare:
Eye of round or top round – 300 grams
Olive oil – ½ cup
Salt – 2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Smoked sea salt
Granny Smith apple – 1 medium – cored and diced
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Instructions for Quick Pickles:
- Take a saucepan or pot and combine all ingredients except cucumber and onion. Mix thoroughly till the salt, and sugar gets dissolved. Turn off the stove.
- Now add the cucumbers and onion to this brine which is still hot.
- Bring this mixture to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Do not exceed the given mark.
- Seal the dispenser and charge it using 1 Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Shake the dispenser well and let it rest for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. You can keep it either in the refrigerator or place it on a counter.
- Dispense the pickle into the plates. Your pickles are ready to serve.
- Instructions for Steak Tartare:
- Wash the meat thoroughly and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt.
- Marinate it for at least one hour in an empty pot or bowl so that the salt dries on the meat’s surface.
- Rinse the meat thoroughly.
- Now cut the meat into tiny pieces, or grind it in a meat grinder.
- Take a bowl and toss well on both sides. Sprinkle olive oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper according to your taste.
- Instructions for Assembling:
- Take a serving plate and place a ring mold over it.
- Fill this ring mold with steak tartare and sprinkle sea salt.
- Add some parsley, olive oil, orange zest, and chopped apple.
- Dispense the pickles from the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser at one side of this plate.
About this Recipe:
The steak is served with chopped Orange Zest and Granny Smith Apples to give it a tangy taste. For a more flavorful treat, add pickled cucumbers and onions to the delicacy.
Beef: You must use high-grade beef. Do not use pre-ground beef. Using whole beef ensures that safety and hygiene, which is necessary to avoid food-borne illnesses. Make sure that your workspace and hands are clean before you start working on the recipe. Alternatively, you can also use sirloin steak, fillet mignon, and chateaubriand.
Seasonings: You can use other seasonings, but we have found excellent results with vinegar and olive oil. You can also use Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, chives, Red wine vinegar, or any other of your favorite seasonings.
Pickle: If you do not use a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, the pickle will take a lot of time. In that case, you have to prepare the pickle one or two days before you have to consume it.
Egg Yolk: Traditionally, Steak Tartare is served with a rich egg yolk. But as it was not used in the original recipe, we also didn’t use it for preparing our Steak Tartare. If you want to add an egg yolk, it’s your choice.
Can you use Ground Beef to make Steak Tartare?
You can’t use Ground beef for making this delicacy. First of all, it is not safe to eat as it contains various cuts of meat. Secondly, you may not know the hygiene conditions in which the meat was ground. The ground beef may have a gross texture making it unfit for this steak.
Photo by Nanxi Wei