Galaxy Gas Solutions FAQ
What is a Whipped Cream Charger?
A Whipped Cream Charger is a stainless steel cartridge filled with nitrous oxide (N2O) gas. Nitrous Oxide is a gas that helps cream, as well as other ingredients, form into a frothy, whipped state upon dispensing. Compared to traditional whipping by hand, whipped cream chargers are able to increase the volume of whipped cream by 4x. The narrow end of a whipped cream charger contains a foil covering that is broken to release the gas prior to dispensing. This will occur upon inserting your charger into your whipped cream dispenser. Typically, these cylinders contain 2mm steel walls to encapsulate the N2O gas and withstand the high pressure upon dispense. An average whipped cream charger contains 8 grams of N2O under pressure and is non-refillable. However, an advantage of these whipped cream chargers is that they are 100% recyclable and can be donated to any steel recycling programs nearest to you!
How Do I Use a Whipped Cream Charger and Dispenser?
After finding a recipe that stands out to you, grab your dispenser and chargers and place them on a flat surface.
- Take apart your dispenser and clean all the parts with cold water and a small brush.
- Once you’ve cleaned your dispenser, towel dry all the components before assembling the dispenser back together.
- Take the head of your dispenser and screw it off of the container.
- Using your desired ingredients, pour them into the bottle or reservoir.
- Screw the head of your dispenser back onto the container.
- Take 1 whipped cream charger and insert it into your charger holder.
- Twist the charger holder onto the pin of your dispenser until you hear the gas begin to release.
- You should hear a subtle hissing sound during this part.
- Shake the dispenser to mix the N2O gas with your ingredients. (Around 15-25 shakes)
- Turn your dispenser upside down with the tip facing an empty bowl and press the lever to begin dispensing your foam or whipped cream.
- If the dispenser does not release foam with the consistency you desire, shake your dispenser again for an additional 5-10 shakes.
- Once the dispenser is producing foam or whipped cream of your desired consistency and texture, you’re ready to garnish or infuse any dish or beverage!
How Many Whipped Cream Chargers Do I Need?
On average, recipes call for 1 whipped cream charger. However, if you have to make adjustments to your recipe to serve larger crowds, modify the amount of cartridges you need to accommodate to your guests. Always follow your recipe’s instructions and guidelines when using whipped cream chargers and dispensers to infuse or garnish desserts, dishes, or beverages!
Which Brand of Whipped Cream Chargers and Dispensers Should I Purchase From?
As of the recent years, the market for whipped cream chargers and dispensers has seen a massive influx in demand. To keep up with the demand, many brands have made a presence in this industry to provide whipped cream and infusion products at affordable prices in large quantities. Though this may seem like a wise marketing tactic to the common eye, there can be great fallacies with this process. Due to lower price brackets and mass quantities of production, it may be hard to determine that these products are coming from credible, trustworthy manufacturers.
However, Galaxy Gas takes proper measures to ensure that all of our products are top-of-the-line, compliant to FDA standards, and produced exclusively for culinary purposes. Galaxy Gas takes special precautions to ensure that abuse of these products is not in our line of sight. Additionally, Galaxy Gas selects manufacturers with extended tenure in this industry to make certain that expertise and proper knowledge goes behind the creation and production for all of our products.
Is the Use of Whipped Cream Chargers and Dispensers Dangerous?
If you use these products correctly and appropriately, there are no dangers that arise when using whipped cream chargers and dispensers. When using these products, Galaxy Gas Solutions highly suggests that you keep a cautious distance between yourself and a released whipped cream charger for proper safety while in the kitchen.
The misuse of N2O is extremely dangerous, detrimental to your health, and illegal. Not under any circumstances should you inhale the gas released from these chargers and dispensers.
Whipped Cream Chargers and Dispensers are produced for culinary purposes ONLY.