Cardamom and Feta Parfait with Black Sesame Brittle
This classical French dessert is gaining popularity again. It is a versatile dessert that you can enjoy with granola, biscuits, fruits, or brittles. This parfait recipe is perfect for all sorts of occasions and parties. You don’t need to head toward high-end French restaurants to indulge in this delicacy which you can whip up with some simple ingredients. The recipe is simple, and all the ingredients are conveniently available in most of the grocery stores. This French-inspired recipe is a twist to the classical parfait as it has feta as its predominant ingredient. Enriched with the aromas of vanilla and cardamom, this feta parfait will make you fall in love with it. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser adds the desired froth to the cream, thus making the parfait amazingly light, creamy, and decadent. For the topping, we have made a unique black sesame brittle. The crunchy brittle adds a contrasting texture to the creamy, rich, and soft feta parfait. One bite of the dessert will take you to another level of excitement. You don’t need to add ice cream or yogurt to the recipe. If you avoid using dairy milk, then try this recipe with other vegetarian alternatives. The coconut or almond milk may add to the rich flavor, but they may also mask the original cardamom and vanilla flavors in this parfait. So the choice is yours!
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Full fat milk – ½ cup
- Feta – ¾ cup – crumbled
- Egg yolks – 3
- Icing sugar – ¾ cups
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Cardamom pods – 6
- 2 pinches of salt
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Pomegranate molasses for garnish
- Black sesame seeds – ¼ cup
- Honey – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Castor sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla – ¼ teaspoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Mix the heavy cream and cardamom powder and pour it into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Attach one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake well.
- Place over a countertop to rest for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk, cardamom pods, and vanilla extract. Heat and let the ingredients simmer over low heat for a few minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Let it cool, then add the crumbled feta, and salt to the milk. Blend the milk with the help of a blender or a hand-held mixer.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a measuring jug.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the icing sugar till they become pale and creamy.
- Dispense the creamy foam over the eggs after shaking the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Pour the milk-feta mixture and fold all the ingredients in the mixture.
- Now fill a deep baking tray or individual molds with the parfait mixture. Place them in a freezer for at least 2 hours to set and become chilled.
- In a baking tray, set the parchment paper and set aside.
- Take a heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt the sugar and honey with a tablespoon of water.
- Cook the contents for 3 to 5 minutes while stirring at intervals until it gets lightly golden.
- At this stage, add the black sesame seeds and vanilla extract and let it cook for eight more minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour in the baking tray.
- Spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- After settling the mixture, its layer should be as thin as 1 mm, let it cool completely before breaking it into small pieces.
- You can keep this brittle for many days in an airtight container. So you can prepare it in advance.
- Spread a small quantity of pomegranate molasses in the center of your serving plates.
- Remove the parfaits from their molds and place them on the pomegranate molasses.
- If you have the whole parfait in a single pan, cut it into various shapes as desired before serving.
- For cutting the parfait or separating it from molds, you can keep the knife in hot water for a few seconds so that the parfait comes out neatly.
- Decorate the parfait with sesame brittle and pomegranate seeds.
What does sesame brittle taste like?
The glossy sesame brittle is crunchy, sweet, and has a delicious nutty flavor. You can eat the sesame brittle as a snack on its own once you finish your parfaits. Or you can add it to other interesting recipes, such as coconut ice cream. The black sesame brittle is very addictive, and you can’t stop munching on it when you are hungry.