Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Cherry Vanilla Infused Bitters
People often call bitters the ‘salt and pepper’ of cocktails. Some drinks just need a little kick which bitters easily provide. However bitters are an essential component of some “old fashioned” and “manhattans”. This Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Cherry Vanilla Infused Bitters is the best option if you love to enjoy deep and rich undertones in your cocktail. When vanilla and cherry are combined they make a classic flavor combination that gives an irresistible spark to your cocktails. We have added both sweet and sour cherries (dried) but you can use the one which is available for you. Are you still reluctant to DIY your own bitters for an ultimate satisfaction? Now roll up your sleeves and get ready for an exciting adventure! That one super flavor is here, the cherry vanilla bitters infusion. You can now make the classy and decadent vanilla and cherry-infused bitter just in an hour. We know that it’s difficult to believe, but thanks to our Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, it is now possible, which uses the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers to infuse bitters. With the help of Nitrous oxide gas under pressure, you can achieve the desired taste in bitters without having to wait for days or even months.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Vanilla bean – 1 – split lengthwise
- Vodka – 1 cup
- Packed dried cherries – ¼ cup
- Packed dried sour cherries – ¼ cup
- Cloves – 1 teaspoon
- Gentian bark – ¾ teaspoon
- Take water in a large pot and bring it to simmer.
- Combine all ingredients in a one-pint Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and charge it with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Swirl the dispenser for 30 seconds to infuse the ingredients and place it in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Using a potholder take out the dispenser from the simmering water and directly place it in an ice bath.
- When the dispenser becomes cool, vent it by placing a towel over its top.
- Open the dispenser and wait for bubbling to stop before you pour the infused bitter.
- Strain the bitters, and wait for at least five minutes before using them.
- Pour the bitters in a sterilized bottle and store them in a cool, dry place such as a cabinet or a cupboard.
Why is it considered difficult to DIY your bitters?
With many recipes now available over the internet, people are confused about the original, fool-proof recipes for bitters. An interesting fact about bitters is that they do not have a certain recipe.
These mysterious potions may be ready in a couple of days or may take a couple of months. Making bitters is not a piece of cake for everyone. It requires a lot of bitter research and experimentation, and then only you can come slightly close to what your taste buds are craving for.
Most of the people are even unfamiliar with the herbs and barks listed in any bitters ingredients list. Their proportions are also puzzling for most of us, who have limited experience. The proportions of herbs and barks involved in a bitter-making process profoundly affect the final taste of the products. The bitters-making process is so complicated and diverse that you may use one or several (most probably six or seven) jars to create one flavor.
For example, one of the most popular, the Angostura bitters, has a secret recipe that only a few people are aware of.
Another challenge when creating a bitter is the time frame it requires to sit. Here is where most people lose hope when they wait for weeks and end up with something that is not what they have aimed for. Here is something that gives hope to those who are losing their interest in making bitters. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser utilizes the pressurized Nitrous Oxide gas to infuse the flavors so you can accomplish a great deal in just one hour.
Where to find the ingredients listed in a bitters recipe?
If you cannot find the ingredients of this recipe or any other recipe at local grocery stores, there is no need to worry about it. There are several websites or online stores where these herbs, spices, and barks are readily available.
For a night of cocktails with your family, friends, or dinner guests, introduce your party to the Infused Pina Colada for the bit of sweetness you've been searching for!