Chicken Liver Pate
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Liver pate is a thick spread that is used in making appetizers for all special occasions. The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Chicken Liver Pate is inexpensive and easy to make! We all remember enjoying deliciously creamy chicken liver pate served over crispy, crunchy crackers. Though traditionally used as a topping for making decadent canapes, you can also eat liver pate as a spread or a dip. The recipe is very simple, and you can manage to make a liver pate in a busy routine. You just need to saute the chicken liver with some flavorings, blend it and whip it in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Yes, whipping the liver pate in a whipped cream dispenser adds a lightness and fluffiness that is exceptional. It also improves the keeping ability of the liver pate in the fridge. While making a liver pate, there are several variations that you can make when it comes to spices, herbs, and seasonings. It is always best to experiment and figure out the ingredients that serve best for your palate. For example, instead of sautéing liver in garlic, you can experiment with onions or shallots.
- Chicken liver – 9 ounces
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Parsley – 1 teaspoon – chopped
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves – minced
- Double cream – ½ cup
- Graham crackers or toast triangles – for serving
- Red currant jelly – for topping – optional
- Capers – 2 to 3
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Wash and rinse the chicken livers and pat dry with the help of a paper towel.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté the garlic for a minute. Add chicken livers and let them cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Then turn them and let the other side cook too for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Pour all the contents of this frying pan into a food processor or blender.
- Add the double cream, pepper, and parsley, and puree together.
- Strain this mixture with a sieve, and using a funnel, pour this mixture in a 0.5 L Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger. Shake vigorously about 14 to 16 times.
- Remove the charger and cap tightly. With the help of a thin nozzle, dispense the chicken liver pate directly over crackers or toast and enjoy.
- This canapé tastes best when served with red currant jelly, marmalade, or a single caper.
- Additional Tip: choose paler chicken livers as they have a rich and mellow flavor than those with deep red color.
Is Liver Pate a healthy food?
Liver and foods made from the liver, such as liver sausages and liver pate, are a great source of protein, iron, and vitamin A. These nutrients are also essential for growth and development in children and helpful for those who suffer from anemia. However, pate also contains a generous amount of fat in butter, cream, or cheese. Therefore you need to check your cholesterol levels before consuming liver pate.
How to preserve Chicken Liver Pate?
Whether you have a pate that you brought from a store or made at home from scratch, it needs special attention regarding its preservation. It is because it is rich in nutrients, and hence it can grow microorganisms very fast.
You can keep liver pate in a refrigerator for a week or a maximum of ten days. During this period, you have to cover it with a generous amount of butter to form a layer on top.
You can also freeze liver pate for three months in an airtight jar. Air can rapidly deteriorate the texture and flavor of a liver pate. Pate is a very delicate dish, and it contains a considerable amount of fat, either as cream or as butter. Therefore freezing it carelessly may affect its texture and flavor. Here are some tips for freezing pate in the right manner.
1. Before placing the liver pate in the freezer, make sure you are using an airtight bag or container. To assure this, you can cover the surface of the plate with a cling film and then close the lid to ensure that the pate remains airtight all the time.
2. If you think that you won’t consume all of it at once, it is better to make smaller portions, so you don’t have to thaw and refreeze the pate again and again.
3. If your chicken pate separates when you thaw it, you can blend it again to get a smoother texture. However, you cannot expect a perfect texture from the frozen pate as it had before it was frozen.
Why does my chicken liver pate have a grainy texture?
Pates ideally have a smooth, creamy texture, and that is why everyone loves placing them on their crackers. A grainy texture appears when the liver is overcooked. When you sauté the liver, make sure that the insides of the liver should remain pink while the outer sides turn brown.
When you pour the liver puree in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, it is passed through a sieve, and therefore you get a creamy liver pate.
How to serve a Chicken liver pate?
Pate is a unique and versatile food that can be served in several creative ways.
French Bread: Though traditional but still the best – pate goes best with different pieces of bread. Try a nice toasted baguette to serve and impress your guests.
Sandwiches: Though it sounds unusual, pate is ideal sandwich meat. Spread a generous amount of pate on toasts and make a sandwich loaded with vegetables. It is a quick yet filling lunch idea.
Vegetables: Use pate as a dip for your favorite vegetables, especially the pickled ones.
Cheese Platters: Another interesting way is to experiment with your chicken liver pate is to serve it on your cheese platter. Serve both pate and cheese into cubes, and they make an amazing blend of flavors.
Potatoes: Drizzle some liver pate over your potatoes and enjoy.
Photo by Ksenia Chernaya