Mexican churros have something special about them, especially for dessert lovers. Churros are unique in many ways. First, they are deep-fried in oil then coated in sugar and cinnamon. Second, they are made from cooked dough, which is mixed in a pot. Then you have to fill them in a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle. Once they are fried, they are coated with a sugar-cinnamon powder which makes them irresistibly decadent. Churros are most often served as a breakfast, but you need to add something deliciously sweet to them when serving them as a dessert. We whipped up a deliciously sweet Dulce de leche mousse for serving with churros. In the Dulce de leche foam, the intensely sweet flavor of Dulce de leche is moderated by the addition of whipping cream. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser adds many air bubbles to the concoction and turns it into a light, fluffy and creamy mousse. You can enjoy this Dulce de leche mousse on its own or use it to top any dessert you desire. It makes a supreme combination with freshly fried churros.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Dulce de Leche – 1 cup
- Whipping cream (35% fat) – 1 cup
- Xanthan gum – 1 gram
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 – medium
- Castor sugar – ¼ cup
- Grapeseed oil – 3 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Sunflower oil – for deep frying
- Castor sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoon
- Pulse together the dulce de leche, whipping cream, and xanthan gum in a blender.
- Pour in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the nitrous into the recipe.
- Place in a refrigerator for an hour so that the mousse becomes chilled.
- In a small saucepan, heat together the water, grapeseed oil, salt, and sugar at low heat until the mixture reaches 90 degrees.
- Add the flour and whisk thoroughly so that the flour gets well combined and no lumps are formed.
- Cool this mixture up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit and add the egg. Mix with the help of a standing or handheld mixer.
- Preheat the sunflower oil up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a large pot.
- Pour the churros mixture into a piping bag and attach a star-shaped nozzle.
- Release the churro mixture through the nozzle in the hot oil in small chunks of the preferred size and cut the ends with the help of a sharp knife.
- When the churros become golden brown, take them out and place them on a cooling rack lined with paper towels.
- Mix castor sugar and ground cinnamon on a plate, and coat the slightly cooled churros in it.
- Place in a serving dish and dispense the dulce de leche foam on the aside.
- You can also fill the churros with Dulce de leche mousse. Pass a wooden skewer through all the churros. Attach a thin nozzle or syringe to your Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and slowly push the foam in it. Fill the central part of churros with creamy, decadent Dulce de leche mousse.
How to make dulce de leche?
For making dulce de leche, you will need a can of sweetened condensed milk. Without opening the can, place it in a large pot and fill the pot with water. Keep this pot on the stove and bring the water to boil. Slow down the heat and let it cook for at least two hours.
Then remove the can from the water and place it in another pot filled with cold water. Let it cool down for at least thirty minutes. Carefully open the can and take out the contents in a bowl. Your homemade dulce de leche is ready.
Is Dulce de Leche and caramel the same thing?
Some people are often confused between Dulce de leche and caramel and use them interchangeably in recipes. However, if you are trying an authentic Spanish, French, or North American dessert, you must use the one you are directed to. In this way, you will be able to enjoy the real taste of the dessert.
Dulce de leche is a sweet, light brown sauce made by heating sugar and milk for at least two hours. For convenience, you can use a can of condensed milk as it will give the same results. It has a rich, sweet flavor that adds deliciousness to many desserts.
Caramel is made by directly heating sugar in a saucepan until it melts and attains a light brown color. The darker the caramel gets, the more intense its flavors become. Then you can add butter or cream to it as directed in the recipe.
Does your family love churros? Pair this recipe with our Nitrous Infused Churros with Chocolate Mousse for the ultimate sweet treat.