Kids these days run away from anything healthy, and it is a difficult task to make them eat anything that is full of nutrients and is rich in antioxidants. This recipe is all that and is also very tasty that your kids will never guess what they are eating. The use of white asparagus and boiled potatoes give this recipe a look of mashed potatoes, but it is packed with amazing health benefits. This dish can be served as a whole meal or can also be served as a starter, but that completely depends on the appetite of your guests or whoever you are serving this dish to.
This recipe is easy to make and does not take too much time. The kids love this recipe, and it is a great way to add some vegetables to their diet through this amazing soup that tastes like cream, potato, and asparagus. Moreover, you can also prepare the rice crackers and arctic char and store them for more time. You can also serve it to your guests by increasing the number of ingredients, preparing this recipe in bulk, and displaying it as a starter.
To make this delicious kid-friendly dish, you need a number of tools, a few ingredients for each part of the recipe, and approximately two hours and ten minutes from your time out of which you can also rest in the cooling time of the ingredients and then you will have this delicious Nitro Potato Asparagus Cream Soup with Arctic Char and Rice Crackers ready to be served on your table. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Canister is the star of this recipe as it makes the soup creamy, thick, foamy, delicious and provides it with the perfect consistency and richness that a soup should have without putting in too much effort.
This recipe is really easy to make if you follow all the steps properly and give each step the required time. You can serve it at any time of the day and pack the things up and have it for lunch at your office. So, without wait let's see how you can prepare this delicious soup combined with arctic char and rice crackers in two hours.
Total time for making the recipe
2 hours 10 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
⦁ Sous Vide
⦁ Blender Machine
- For Potato Asparagus Cream Soup:
- 100 ml of milk
- 150 ml of cream
- 50 grams of butter
- 40 grams of shallots
- 1 gram of lemon
- 100 grams of basic texturizer
- 200 grams of white asparagus
- 300 ml of asparagus stock
- 100 grams of boiled potatoes
- For Arctic Char:
- ¼ cup of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pounds of sliced arctic char
- 8 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of fresh dill
- For Rice Poppers:
- 1 cup of wild rice flour
- 3 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower or any oil
- To prepare the Nitro Potato Asparagus Cream Soup with Arctic Char and Rice Crackers, take the shallots and cut them into strips. Then take a pot and add in some butter and the shallots and glaze them.
- Then after glazing, add in the chopped white asparagus and sauté all of these together. Then add in salt and pepper from the mill and the zest of a lemon.
- Fill the pot with milk and 300 ml of asparagus stock and cook the asparagus. Take another pot, add in water and salt, and hard boil the potatoes.
- Purée asparagus and potatoes together in a blender. Then add in basic texturizer and cream to the mixture and pass it through the filter.
- Pour this mixture into a whipped cream canister and charge the device with two whipped cream chargers.
- Charge the canister with one charger and then shake vigorously and then charge it with the second whipped cream charger and shake vigorously at least shake eight times.
- Then place the whipped cream canister in a bain-marie at a maximum temperature of 75 degrees centigrade.
- Suppose you do not have bain-marie, then place it in a warm water bath and prepare other ingredients.
- To make the sous vide arctic char, first make the brine. To make the brine, take ice water, dissolve two tablespoons of sugar and ¼ cup of kosher salt, and whisk them.
- Add arctic char to the mixture and refrigerate it for thirty minutes or till one hour. Then rinse and dry the arctic char.
- Place the arctic char in a vacuum bag and add two teaspoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of fresh dill.
- Seal the bag properly and set your sous vide circulator to 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Drop the vacuum bag into the water bath, let the arctic char cook for one hour, and then take it out.
- To make the wild rice crackers, take a pot and add in water and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk in wild rice flour, cook until a paste is formed, and stir the mixture continuously.
- As soon as the thick paste is formed, add in oil, whisk it, cover the mixture, and cool.
- Take a silicone baking mat, roll out around a teaspoon quantity of crackers, and flatten them into rounds or disk-type shapes.
- Place the silicone baking mat inside the oven and bake it at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or till the crackers are cooked completely and crisp.
- Take an air-tight container and place the cooled crackers in it, and store.
- To serve, place the potato asparagus cream soup in a bowl, then serve it with sous vide arctic char and heated rice crackers as side dishes to enjoy with it.
What are the benefits of Asparagus?
Asparagus is a great vegetable, even though it is known to make the pee smell weird. This vegetable has a huge portion of nutrients and has vitamin A, K, C, B6, and E, along with folate, iron, protein, copper, and calcium. This vegetable is rich in antioxidants and helps with weight loss as it is low in calories and fat. The asparagus is known to prevent various diseases, which also includes prevention of urinary tract infection in women and men due to high levels of amino acid asparagine in this veggie. The antioxidants in this vegetable helps with fighting off free radicals and is also great to fight off cancer. It contains vitamin E, which is best for getting healthy fat and strengthening the immune system; this vegetable also helps with libido and hangovers and is great when fighting to bloat. The asparagus provides a healthy digestive system and promotes good bacteria. It is rich in folic acid, helping against neural tube defects. It also boosts the mood and is best for bone health and healing wounds faster.
Is Wild Rice healthy?
Yes! Don't go to the name as the wild is healthy for this dish, and wild rice is healthy for your health. Wild rice is very rich in nutrients and is also called whole grains. This decreases the risk of getting type two diabetes and has low glycemic. This item helps in lowering cholesterol levels and also fights the buildup of arterial plaque. The wild rice is great for preventing or fighting off multiple heart diseases and provides a healthy dose of the phytosterols in the body. This rice is packed with antioxidants which give them its dark color. It is a great superfood that also comes with anti-cancer properties and can prevent various illnesses.
Is Arctic Char a better option in this recipe?
Arctic char is a great option for this recipe compared to any other fish as it is very easy to cook and has a milder and creamier taste. Then it is an economical fish and can be easily available. This fish has many benefits, including its source of healthy fats that help with heart and brain health. This fish is also a rich source of protein that helps with repairing and building different parts of the body. Char provides the human skin with calcium and vitamin D; this ratio helps keep bones strong and healthy and helps prevent osteoporosis in women. This fish is extremely safe to eat and is one of the best and healthiest options for adding fish meat to your diet.
Is this recipe healthy, and why use a Whipped Cream Canister?
Yes, this recipe is very healthy as it has all the healthy ingredients. There is no doubt about the benefits of asparagus, arctic char, and rice poppers. Though potatoes are known to be unhealthy, let me tell you that they have some hidden benefits, including their resistance to starch. The potato is rich in fiber and helps with digestive health, and also helps with treating constipation and different irritable bowel syndromes. The potato is also great for disease protection as it is packed with antioxidants and helps fight free radicals. It is a great source of potassium that decreases blood pressure levels and reduces the risk of heart stroke. And using a whipped cream canister for this recipe is best as it decreases the time of the recipe and helps provide the potato asparagus cream soup with the perfect creamy texture and consistency.