Mayonnaise tastes great in salads and sandwiches, but this decadent spread is loaded with fats. Therefore it is high in calories. Just one tablespoon conceals 100 calories and at least 10 grams of fat. And, you can’t just stop at one tablespoon! Most of the mayo brands offer lower-calorie mayo, which they label as ‘Light Mayonnaise.’ Companies are now turning towards healthier fat options for manufacturing their light mayonnaise and for attracting more customers. But you are never sure that how much reality their claim has. Commercial mayonnaise is loaded with chemicals such as preservatives and stabilizers. Instead of refined vegetable oils that most commercial mayonnaise is loaded with, you can experiment with healthier options available at home with the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Light Mayonnaise.
When making mayonnaise at home, you are confident that all the ingredients are wholesome and natural. In this way, you have better control over the ingredients you choose to put in your mayonnaise. Making homemade mayonnaise is not difficult, and the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser whips the mayonnaise just to the right consistency. The taste of homemade light mayonnaise is much better than store-bought mayonnaise. Different flavorings give a creative twist to this everyday dip.
Total time for making the recipe
⦁ Whipped Cream Dispenser
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Egg yolks – 2
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Oil – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon – ½
- Cayenne pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Dijon mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Stock – ¼ cup
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and start adding the oil gradually.
- Season with salt, Dijon mustard, and sugar.
- Then add vinegar, lemon juice, and stock.
- Lastly, add the yogurt and strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour into a 0.5 L Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the nitrous oxide into the recipe.
- Keep the cream whipper in the refrigerator for at least six hours before serving.
- Shake before dispensing the foam.
Are raw eggs dangerous for health?
The egg yolks in the mayo are uncooked. If salmonella infections are prevalent where you live, then you should not take risks. Raw eggs possess a major risk for people with compromised immunity, pregnant women, small children, and older adults.
If you eat a soft-boiled egg or lick the cake batter often, it means that raw eggs in mayonnaise will not harm you. Use the freshest eggs available to you and avoid using stale eggs or near their expiry date. For the safe side, buy pasteurized eggs from making homemade mayonnaise.
How to make light mayonnaise interesting and flavorful?
Some people feel that the light mayonnaise is not flavorful enough, and therefore they do not like it. Here are some ways to flavor your light mayonnaise and make the sandwiches and salads more interesting and delicious.
- Mango Mayonnaise: Blend one cup of mango chunks in a half cup of homemade light mayonnaise. It will go best with Thai cuisine.
- Garlic Mayonnaise: add one teaspoon of chopped or minced garlic in a cup of light mayonnaise; add some mustard also if you prefer.
- Wasabi Mayonnaise: a teaspoon of powdered wasabi (Japanese horseradish) is sufficient to flavor a ½ cup of light mayonnaise. This is a common Japanese condiment usually served with sushi.
- Tahini mayonnaise: take one tablespoon lemon juice and one tablespoon tahini and whisk well in ½ cup light mayonnaise. It is served as part of a Middle Eastern cuisine and can be used as a quick replacement for Hummus.
- Chutney Mayonnaise: take 1/8 cup of your preferred chutney, add ½ teaspoon lime juice and ½ teaspoon curry powder and blend with ½ cup light mayonnaise. You can use this chutney mayonnaise in Indian-style Paratha rolls and sandwiches.
- Pesto Mayonnaise: 1 ½ tablespoons pesto is enough to tantalize a ½ cup of light mayonnaise. It goes best with Mexican cuisine.
- Sun-dried tomato Mayonnaise: finely chop 1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes and mix them in ½ cup light mayonnaise.
- Dijonnaise: 1 ½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard is sufficient for flavoring up to ½ cup of light mayonnaise.
How to make the mayonnaise thick and smooth?
Lemon juice softens the mayonnaise, so you should use it with caution. If the mayonnaise is too soft, the lemon will make it runny. So it is necessary to whip a mayonnaise that is a bit firm not to turn out liquid. Lemon juice also makes the color of mayonnaise very clear.
Another reason for the very thin consistency of mayonnaise is that the eggs are at room temperature. You can add an egg yolk to recover your broken mayonnaise.
Have a vegan in your home? Treat them with something special by whipping up our Nitrous Infused Vegan Hummus! They'll absolutely love it.