Italian desserts are unique and simple. Most people consider making Italian desserts an overwhelming job. However, some Italian desserts are very simple, and their ingredients are always lying in your pantry waiting for their expiration dates. An example of such a simple, homemade sweet that requires very few ingredients is the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Lime and Cream Cheese Cream on Cantuccini Crumbs.
The chilled dessert is great for summers and cocktail parties. The creamy and cheesy foam whipped in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser makes the dessert very light and air and reduces the costs per serving. Whether you choose commercial cantuccini or decide to bake them fresh in your oven, the taste of this dessert comes out splendid every time you whip it up. Every bite is full of fresh and healthy ingredients. It is something that you would love to enjoy with your family and friends.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Heavy cream – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – 4 ½ tablespoon
- Full fat cream cheese – ¾ cup
- Vanilla sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
- Organic lime – 1
- Cantuccini – 100 grams
- Grate the lime rind finely.
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla sugar, and vanilla extract with the help of a hand whisk.
- Add the lime rind and pour the mixture into 0.5 L Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Screw one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and charge the cream whipper. Shake vigorously to infuse the nitrous oxide.
- Repeat the charging with another whip charger and shake vigorously.
- Place in a refrigerator for 2 – 6 hours so that the cream remains chilled until served.
- Crush the cantuccini in a food bag and keep it aside.
- Cut blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries in four pieces.
- In individual glasses, distribute the cantuccini, place few pieces of your selected berry and dispense the cream cheese cream directly over this layer. Top with berries of your choice and serve chilled.
How are cantuccini eaten in Italy?
You may be wondering why this is even a question. If you have ever been to Italy, you must know that Cantuccini are unusual in a way that they are not dipped in coffee (as cookies and biscuits in other parts of the world are. In Italy, Cantuccini is traditionally served with a sweet, marvelous dessert wine called Vin Santo.
Almost all of the restaurants in Tuscany serve the traditional dessert known as “Cantuccini e Vin Santo.”
How do they make the Cantuccini so crunchy?
The biscuits are double-baked to make them extraordinarily crunchy, and this trick makes them different from other biscuits. First of all, the cantuccini dough is baked in the form of a loaf. When the loaf gets a golden brown color, it is removed from the oven. Then the loaf is carefully cut into slices which are placed in a baking tray and baked again.
Have you ever been to Tuscany? If yes, you must know about the cantuccini and Vin Santo. However, you don’t need to visit Tuscany to grab a packet of cantuccini for this dessert. Cantuccini is easily available online. However, if you are passionate about cooking and love making everything from scratch, we have included the foolproof recipe for cantuccini just for you.
The only tricky part of making cappuccino at home is cutting them. Use a sharp serrated knife and cut with a firm hand if you want your cappuccino to turn out attractive and presentable in shape. (don’t worry if you were unable to slice the cantuccini loaf for this recipe finely – we just need to add cantuccini crumbs here).
How to make Cantuccini – the original Italian Biscotti?
Here is how you can make the cantuccini with an original taste that belongs to Tuscany, Italy.
- Whole unpeeled almonds – 1 cup
- Flour – 2 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest – 1 lemon
- Place all almonds on a cookie tray and keep in a preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit for five minutes. Take out from the oven and let them cool.
- Whip the eggs and sugar in a bowl with the help of an electric mixer or whisk until the eggs become foamy.
- Pour honey and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, almonds, and lemon zest.
- Fold them very lightly until they get well incorporated into the egg mixture.
- Make two 6 cm loaves with this mixture and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 395 degrees Fahrenheit for nearly twenty minutes until the loaf starts getting a golden brown color.
- Take out from the oven and let it cool.
- When the loaf is cool, make slices that have a thickness of 1 cm.
- Use only a sharp serrated knife for cutting the loaf.
- Bake the biscuits at 395 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes. Take out from the oven when the biscuits take a nice brown color.
- You can save the Cantuccini in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.
To satisfy anyone in your home who has a preference for sweet desserts, try these Nitrous Infused Shortcakes with Whipped Cream and Agar Fruit Gels!