Served on the bed of creamy polenta, the sirloin slices and roasted tomatoes together make a perfect meal. When you make this meal in your house, it will be filled with many pleasant aromas. This is a simple dish that you can make as a weekend dinner or add to your party menu to impress your guests. The delicious polenta is so packed with flavors that it will make the sirloin meat melt in your mouth. Polenta is used commonly in many cuisines, especially in Romania. We can say that it is more common than bread in Romania due to its versatile nature. You will find it made into a thick form that can be sliced, but here we are using it in a creamy sauce. When whipped in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, the polenta sauce becomes very light, fluffy, and indulgent. We have mixed polenta with milk for this sauce, and when it gets cooked, we added butter, olive oil, and some parmesan cheese to give it a creamy texture.
This polenta mousse is a perfect accompaniment for all types of roasted or barbecued meats. However, you can also eat it as it is, as a soup or a porridge when you just want something very light for the meal.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Milk – 2 cups
- Butter – 2 ¾ tablespoons
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Polenta – 4 tablespoons
- Parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, boil milk and add the polenta to it. Let it cook for 30 minutes while stirring in between.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and olive oil to the mixture.
- Puree the milk and polenta mixture with the help of a hand blender.
- Add more milk or vegetable stock if the consistency is very thick.
- Pour the mixture into Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously.
- Keep the whipped cream dispenser in a water bath or bain-marie at 167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shake well before dispensing.
- Fry the sirloin from all sides. Place it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the slices from this fillet and place them on a serving plate. Dispense hot polenta mousse and serve with stewed tomatoes.
- You can also serve the polenta mousse with steaks or grilled meats.
How to make sirloin fillet and roasted tomatoes?
For making the sirloin fillet, season it with salt and pepper. Then rub it with olive oil, oregano, or garlic. These simple yet classic ingredients will bring out the natural flavors present in the meat, making it delicious.
For making the stewed tomatoes roast them with some olive oil. Then season with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. The juice released from the tomatoes makes an awesome topping for the meat fillets.
What to do with leftover polenta?
You can eat the leftover polenta with some feta cheese, yogurt, or sour cream. You can also cook it with milk or vegetable stock to taste like a porridge.
What is Polenta?
Polenta is a sort of boiled cornmeal. It is made from yellow maize, white maize, or buckwheat. Sometimes a combination of these may be used as polenta. It has a great thickening potential, and therefore it must be cooked in four to five times the amount of liquid to achieve even gelatinization.
What are polenta varieties?
Polenta comes in different varieties so that you can use it in any meal of the day. The way you cook and serve it will make it fit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The various varieties of polenta are;
- Finely ground polenta
- Coarse ground polenta
- White polenta
- Instant polenta
- Precooked polenta
How is polenta used in recipes?
You will find different ways of using polenta in different recipes. Here are the most common ways of consuming polenta in your diet.
- Eat soft polenta flavored with cheese and herbs as an aside.
- Polenta makes a gluten-free base for many vegetarian recipes.
- A gluten-free alternative for pasta and rice, to be eaten with meat sauces and stews.
- Cook polenta with milk and top with cinnamon, nuts, and fruits. Enjoy it as a healthy breakfast cereal.
- Add to pot pies as an alternative to biscuits and puff pastry toppings.
Where to buy polenta?
Look for polenta in the baking aisle of supermarkets. Polenta is fairly cheap, and you can grab a reasonable quantity under $5. Packaged polenta is often available with ground cornmeal in grocery stores. Supermarkets also sell the precooked polenta in the form of tubes that you can slice and bake before eating.