Parsnips are usually under-utilized as they are not used in common everyday meals. Fresh parsnips have a great flavor, and they are highly nutritious. Here is an interesting way of consuming fresh parsnips. You can eat them as a lunch or serve them as appetizers at your party with the decadent carrot froth. When you roast parsnips, they develop a nutty flavor that complements the chipotle-carrot froth. The froth is strengthened with the help of xanthan gum which holds the air bubbles when the froth is whipped in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. That's how we've created the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Roasted Parsnips with Chipotle-Carrot Froth! Chipotle in adobo sauce is a Mexican condiment that is mostly used for making delicious dips and sauces. It adds heat, body, and smokiness to dishes in which they are used. When combined with carrots, the chipotle peppers make a tantalizing froth tangy, sweet, and smoky. You can also serve it with nachos and chips.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Parsnips – 5 – peeled and diced
- Canola oil – 3 tablespoons
- Thyme leaves – 1 ¼ tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
- Carrot juice – 1 ¼ cup
- Chipotle peppers in adobo – 1 tablespoon
- Sage – 3 teaspoons
- Xanthan gum – 0.9 g – 0.3%
- Thyme leaves
- Parsley leaves
- In a bowl, combine parsnips with oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the parsnips on a roasting sheet.
- Place the roasting sheet in a preheated oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Centigrade).
- Roast until one side is brown and then turn the side.
- Remove from oven after 20 – 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Blend the sage, chipotle peppers in the carrot juice.
- Strain the puree and blend with the xanthan gum.
- Pour this mixture into a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Screw on a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger, and shake well to infuse nitrous oxide into the recipe.
- In a serving plate, place the parsnips, dispense the chipotle carrot froth and garnish with thyme and parsley leaves.
Should you parboil parsnips before roasting?
You can skip this step and directly roast without parboiling the parsnips. Some people prefer parboiling the parsnips as it makes them tender and juicy. Directly roasted parsnips may turn out dry and chewy. Boil water in a pan, place the parsnips in it, and then cook for 8 – 10 minutes or become slightly tender.
Can you roast parsnips without peeling?
If you have young, small parsnips, you do not need to peel them. In that case, you can just scrub and clean them thoroughly before cooking. Peel older parsnips with the help of a peeler or a sharp knife and then cut them into the required shape and size. Cutaway the central core if it is excessively fibrous.
What flavors go well with parsnips?
Parsnips are a root vegetable that is closely related to carrots and parsley. They are highly nutritious and can be eaten cooked or raw as a salad. Here are some foods that go well with parsley.
- Savory: Pork, chicken
- Fruits and vegetables: Carrots, apples, pears, potatoes, spinach.
- Herbs: Thyme, parsley, and sage.
- Spices: Ginger, garlic, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Sweet: Brown sugar and maple syrup.
Why are my roast parsnips soggy?
Once you coat the parsnips with oil, it is necessary to spread them over the baking sheet evenly. If you place the parsnips too closely or pile them on top of each other, they will steam, and as a result, they will become mushy and soggy instead of getting roasted.
Should you core parsnips?
If your recipe asks you to puree the parsnips, there is no need to core them. If you serve them whole, like in this recipe, you will enjoy it better if you remove the tough, chewy cores.
Where to buy chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce:
Small cans of chipotle peppers are available at well-stocked grocery stores, especially Mexican groceries. You can also find the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in supermarkets in the aisle of Mexican supplies.
What can you do with leftover chipotle peppers?
The leftovers of a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce remain good in the freezer for few months. Just pour them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and mark them with the expiry date.
What is the substitute of chipotle peppers with adobo sauce?
If you cannot find chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, you can use carrots appetizer powder or a chipotle flavored hot sauce. You can also make Adobo sauce at home. If you prefer having chilies in adobo sauce, you can blend half of the chilies and mix them in the sauce.
What is the flavor of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?
Chipotle chilies are smoke-dried ripened jalapenos. They have a hot, spicy flavor and impart a subtle flavor to meals when used in controlled amounts. Adobo seasoning is a blend of paprika, cumin, onion, ancho, yellow mustard, fennel, coriander, garlic, and Mexican oregano. It is a sweet and savory tomato puree with a fantastic smoky flavor when used from a can.
Sip on our Nitro Martini Cocktail while making this recipe for a fun dinner night with you and your significant other!