Smoked Corn Tortilla
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Making homemade tortillas is a laborious task, but they are worth the effort. The texture and flavor of homemade tortillas are much better than that of any store-bought tortillas. You will find a huge difference between homemade and store-bought tortillas. Homemade tortillas are softer, thicker, more fragrant, and richer than ready-made ones. If you own a tortilla press, the process can become much easier. If you do not have a flat griddle, you can use your cast-iron skillet for making the tortillas. Whipping the batter for the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Smoked Corn Tortilla in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser ensures that the tortillas turn out very soft and fluffy. When it comes to ingredients, the list is quite simple and requires only a few ingredients. And the best thing is that all of them are present in your pantry all the time. You can use them to make tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, and tortilla chips. Once you try this recipe, you will never go for the store-bought ones. These tender, fluffy, homemade, fresh tortillas will take your heart. They will surely impress your guests and make them appreciate your culinary skills. Serve it with delicious salsa and a margarita at your party.
- Can of corn – 1
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Egg white – 2
- Egg – 1
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Corn starch – ½ cup
- Flour – 3 ¼ tablespoon
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Drain the water from the can of corn and take out the corn.
- Blend the corn with milk.
- This mixture should measure approximately one cup. If the mixture is not one cup, then add some milk to make it one cup.
- Add the eggs to the corn mixture and add seasonings.
- Whisk the corn starch, rice flour, and flour in the wet ingredients.
- Pour in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Screw one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake for about 8 to 10 times to infuse nitrous oxide into the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Dispense the mixture on a preheated skillet and bake. Or cook them on a grill for 15 to 30 seconds on each side.
- Take out a plate and place a flour sack towel to keep them warm and moist until all tortillas are done.
- Fill with your favorite toppings such as grilled chicken, jalapenos, fresh coriander, and chopped tomatoes.
How do you spice up corn tortillas?
You can make several variations regarding the flavor, spice, and color of the homemade tortilla mixture. You can experiment with spinach, cilantro, lime, pumpkin, sweet potato, red Chile, garlic, black beans, cumin, and roasted green chilies.
How hot should the griddle be for making corn tortillas?
Heat your cast iron griddle, small skillet, or a Comal at a temperature around 450 degrees F. You can also check by dropping some water on the griddle. Heat the griddle over medium-high heat, and when the water droplets start dancing, your griddle is ready to cook the tortillas.
What is the best way to grill corn tortillas?
Pour the aerated tortilla mixture directly over the grill. You can make them in batches of four at a time. In that case, you will have to control the browning to prevent burning carefully. The optimum time for cooking one side of tortillas is between 20 – 40 seconds, or until the tortilla gets brown spots. Then flip the tortilla with tongs and grill the other side for the same time.
Why are my corn tortillas not puffing?
Sometimes tortillas may stick to the press when the mixture is too watery. The best way to get your dough puffy is by aerating it in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers help the batter to entrap air which makes it puff very well. Another tip for making puffy tortillas is to press down the tortilla with a spatula while cooking. You will also learn to adjust cooking time and heat with experience.
Is masa the same as corn flour?
Masa harina is traditionally used for making corn tortillas and other Mexican dishes. It is not the same as corn flour or cornmeal. Masa harina is processed with an alkaline solution, such as limewater. The process makes the masa very different in flavor and aroma from the ordinary corn flour.
How to add flavorings and colorings to corn tortillas?
You can easily make interesting tortillas by adding different flavorings and colorants. Simply add dried herbs or spices to the tortilla batter. Or you can infuse the batter with a flavored liquid, but you need to take care that the total liquid content does not exceed the desired level.