Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Make this easy strawberry mousse with simple ingredients. This perfectly airy and frothy strawberry mousse is a decadent dessert that you can serve on any occasion. This is a spring specialty dessert, and the best way to use the fresh red strawberries that are blooming everywhere is to make this out of this world dessert. We can say that the dessert is amazing and especially if you are a die-hard fan of strawberries. The decadent strawberry mousse is aerated in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. You can use the mousse to flavor up your other recipes, such as ice creams, cakes, and desserts. The best thing is that you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. The wonderful strawberry mousse is richly flavored with sweet and tangy strawberries. It has a bright red color which makes it an indispensable part of Valentine’s Day dinner. It’s a perfect choice for date night and friends meet-up. You can also use raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or mix berries of your choice. Add some zest from the citrus for a more refreshing taste.
- Unsweetened frozen strawberries – 500 grams
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Citric acid – 0.5 grams
- Strawberry juice – 1 cup
- Mineral water – ½ cup
- Gelatin sheets – 3
- Xanthan gum – 1 gram
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Place the frozen strawberries, citric acid, and sugar in a vacuum bag.
- Seal the vacuum bag with the help of a vacuum sealer.
- Place the vacuum bag in sous vide machine and let it cook for 2 hours at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take it out from the sous vide machine and cool the vacuum bag in an ice bath.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in a half cup of mixed water for 5 – 10 minutes or until they bloom.
- Take out the strawberry mousse mixture in a bowl and discard the vacuum bag.
- Pour this mixture in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Do not press the strawberry mixture tightly through the sieve.
- In a separate box, pour strawberry juice, add gelatin sheets and xanthan gum.
- Blend this mixture with a handheld blender.
- Add water to this mixture and whisk gently.
- Pour everything into the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Shake well at least ten times.
- Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes, so it becomes chilled.
- Dispense and serve as required.
- Be creative and use this strawberry mousse for topping your desserts, drinks, and cakes.
What is the sous vide method of cooking?
In the sous vide cooking method, the food item is sealed in an airtight vacuum-sealed bag. Then it is cooked in temperature-controlled water. In French, sous vide means “under vacuum.” The temperature of the water is always kept far below its boiling point.
In this way, the food is cooked very slowly and releases most of its natural flavors. Also, the natural flavors of food are not destroyed due to the high heat cooking procedures.
Why is my Gelatin not working?
Some people think that handling gelatin is problematic. However, it’s not. If you follow a few simple steps, you can make the best use of gelatin. The most fundamental step is to let the gelatin bloom for a few minutes in a small amount of water. Once it blooms, mix it with the larger quantity of mixture and heat it slightly. Do not boil the gelatin mixture.
Are frozen strawberries a better option?
Freezing is the most effective and convenient long-term storage method. Strawberries retain most of their nutritional value when they are frozen fresh. Frozen strawberries will remain usable for up to one year. You can also preserve strawberries by this method in your household freezer.
What are the methods applied for freezing strawberries?
Strawberries are frozen in freezer containers or heavy plastic bags sealed with wire twists. There are several ways in which strawberries can be frozen.
Dry pack sweetened
Floating in a syrup
Tray frozen whole
Take washed and hulled berries in a bowl and add sugar. You will need to add approximately ¾ cup of sugar per quart of strawberries. Mix and leave for a while so that the sugar dissolves. Fill this mixture in containers and freeze. When using in desserts, adjust the sweetness accordingly.
Sweet Syrup Pack:
In this method, you can prepare a sugar syrup separately by boiling and dissolving sugar in water (the ratio is 3 cups sugar: 4 cups water). Refrigerate until cool. Fill the strawberries in freezer containers and top with this syrup.
Spread the hulled and washed strawberries on a tray and freeze. Remove from the tray when they solidify and store in plastic bags or freezer containers. This method does not involve the addition of sugar.
What is the right way of thawing the frozen strawberries?
When you thaw the berries to use them in a recipe, they lose their firmness. You can still use them in recipes where they need to be grinded, like mousse and cheesecake. However, when you are sugar-frozen strawberries, you will need to adjust the amount of sugar or condensed milk you add to your dessert. Freezing the berries allows you to enjoy strawberry desserts throughout the year regardless of what the season is.