Sweet Pumpkin Mousse with Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie
Indulge in the decadent layers of pumpkin mousse with a chocolate brownie – a perfect fall dessert and a Thanksgiving specialty. The luscious swirls of fresh and creamy pumpkin mousse topped on fudgy brownies make a special dessert for holiday dinners. Pumpkin mousse with brownie is a light and delicious dessert. It is, in fact, a combination of two perfect desserts in one. A chocolate brownie base topped with a light and fluffy pumpkin mousse is perfect for your everyday dessert cravings. It is also an ideal choice for parties in the festive season. Though we all make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and Halloween, we have brought something unique and different. It is a dessert in which the base is a mouth-melting brownie topped with decadent pumpkin mousse. The rich flavors of chocolate brownie complement the sweet and sour flavors of pumpkin mousse. The dessert is very light because the pumpkin mousse is aerated in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser so that you can consider a second serving too. The rich, chocolaty brownies with the light, frothy pumpkin mousse will satisfy the sweet tooth of any chocolate lover. The frothy swirls of pumpkin mousse provide an amazing contrast to the rich texture and strong fudgy flavor of the brownies.
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- White couverture chocolate – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Buttermilk – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon – 1
- Pumpkin puree – 2/3 cup
- Orange juice – 2 ½ tablespoons
- Chocolate – 2 cups
- Butter – 2 cups
- Eggs – 8
- Powdered sugar – 2 ½ cups
- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Hazelnuts – 2 cups
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar on low heat and let it caramelize.
- When the sugar turns golden, add orange juice and lemon juice.
- Add buttermilk, cinnamon, pumpkin puree, and mix everything.
- Pulse in a blender for 20 seconds or mix with the help of a hand blender. Keep in refrigerator until chilled.
- Place a bowl over boiling water to melt white chocolate and heavy cream.
- You can also melt them in a microwave.
- Add the chilled pumpkin puree to the melted cream and chocolate mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and screw on one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger to infuse the nitrous oxide into the recipe.
- Charge and then shake vigorously.
- Place the whipped cream dispenser in the refrigerator for at least six hours before you dispense the creamy pumpkin topping.
- In a water bath, melt 2 cups of chocolate with 2 cups of butter.
- Add 2 ½ cups powdered sugar and eight eggs in a large bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Add in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Sieve 1 ½ cup of flour and add it to the brownie batter.
- Grease a sheet pan and line it with whole hazelnuts.
- Then pour the batter into it.
- Bake the brownie for 20 minutes or until done.
- Take out from the oven, cut into pieces and place the pieces in serving plates.
- Dispense the pumpkin foam as it swirls on top of the brownie. Serve immediately.
Can you eat only pumpkin mousse as a dessert without chocolate brownies?
The pumpkin mousse is made with just cream. Adding cream cheese to the recipe will make it heavier and more filling. It will be like a pumpkin cheesecake that you can set in a dish over your favorite base. You can also use a small amount of gelatin if you desire to serve the pumpkin mousse as a pumpkin cheesecake.
Instead of making a chocolate brownie, you can just make a crust from graham crackers and dispense the pumpkin mousse over it. Then make a layer of whipped cream over it. Serve chilled.
How to garnish the dessert?
The simplest way to decorate the pumpkin mousse is to dust it with cocoa powder. You can also drizzle melted chocolate over the swirls of pumpkin mousse. If you have smoothed out the pumpkin mousse surface, you can pipe some whipped cream over the top. Then sprinkle some chocolate shavings over the cream.
How to make a vegan pumpkin mousse?
If you want to make a dairy-free pumpkin mousse, you should substitute the whipped cream for the whipped coconut milk or coconut cream. All you need is a chilled can of coconut milk or coconut cream. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser makes the coconut milk light and fluffy yet stiff. For the brownies, you can try some eggless brownie recipes as a base for this dessert.