Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Creamy Chestnut Soup
Have you ever given a thought to making soup from chestnuts? There is no surprise that the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Creamy Chestnut Soup has a silky smooth texture and chestnuts’ characteristic earthy notes. Serve as a starter or eat it on its own! The soup is comforting and delicious. It is an ideal way to consume chestnuts and chestnut puree. Chestnut soup is a heavenly treat for chestnut lovers. From boiling the chestnuts and then turning them into a puree, and making a creamy, frothy soup, you will enjoy every step of the process. The chestnut soup goes best with crusty bread. If you serve this soup to someone without telling them that it contains chestnuts, they aren’t likely to figure it out. They will just indulge in the luxuriously creamy soup that is whipped in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser with the infusion of nitrous oxide (N2O) gas. Using canned or jarred chestnut puree makes it even easier and quicker to whip up this soup when you are busy or tired. However, making homemade puree requires a little bit of effort but, the resulting soup is even more velvety. So we can say that it is worth the effort if you prefer to make the soup from scratch.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Chestnut puree – ¾ cup
- Vegetable stock – ¾ cup
- Butter – 3 ½ tablespoon
- Milk – ¾ cup
- In a saucepan, boil all ingredients together, then slow down the heat and let the mixture simmer for five minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour into a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a soup and funnel
- Screw a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake for about 18 to 20 times to infuse the recipe
- Dispense the nitrous infused soup directly into bowls and serve warm
How can you decorate the soup?
Like any other creamy smooth soup, cream or crème fraiche are the most obvious toppings. However, there are numerous garnish possibilities when it comes to this frothy, marvelous soup. From chopped chives to crispy bacon, from fresh herbs to crispy onions, choose your favorite topping that will tantalize your taste buds.
How to serve the infused soup?
If it’s a cold winter evening and you are cuddling on your couch, sip the warm, comforting soup as you desire. The chestnut soup is a perfect selection for special occasions because of its wonderful creamy and light texture. You can serve the soup as a starter or as an appetizer in soup bowls, teacups, or shot glasses.
What goes best with chestnut soup?
Traditionally, the chestnut soup is served with something from the pork family – ham, pork, sausages, or chops. A hearty salad, Kielbasa, and some crusty bread are all you need to make the chestnut soup an extraordinary treat on its own.
Are chestnuts good for your health?
Chestnuts are a great source of many antioxidants. Chestnuts contain gallic acid and ellagic acid, both of which become more concentrated when you cook the chestnuts. They are also a rich source of minerals such as magnesium and potassium, essential for maintaining heart health and other vital body functions.
Chestnuts have great anti-inflammatory properties, and therefore the chestnut soup is an ideal food for people recovering from diseases, pain, and stress.
Is Chestnut soup an Italian dish?
People who have grown up in Italian households have a special association with chestnuts. Christmas and chestnuts are inseparable in Italian kitchens. Often called castagne or marroni, this slightly sweet nut can be enjoyed on its own after roasting, or it may be added as an ingredient in numerous soups, pies, savory dishes, and desserts. The chestnut spread is a tasty condiment, and it is often added to Italian desserts. They are available from October to December make them an essential part of many holiday meals.
How to cook chestnuts?
If you are still wondering how to cook chestnuts, we assure you that there is nothing to worry about. We have explained everything in a few simple steps.
Most people prefer roasting chestnuts, especially when they intend to eat them on their own. Yes, roasted chestnuts are ideal for munching, as a snack, or after a meal. However, if you want to try a recipe that asks for adding chestnuts or chestnuts puree, you can opt for simple boiling.
How to make chestnut puree at home?
- Making a chestnut puree at home gives you a sense of satisfaction using the best quality chestnuts. It also ensures that the puree does not contain any undesirable products such as preservatives or emulsifiers. You can add your favorite herbs and spices to the pot while boiling to make them more palatable.
- Take a large pot and fill it with water that is enough to submerge all the chestnuts.
- Rinse the chestnuts thoroughly in a colander.
- Spread the chestnuts on a damp towel. With the help of your finger and thumb, separate the inner membrane and the hard shell. These steps require extra caution.
- Discard those which have dark spots or any signs of spoilage. Floating chestnuts often contain molds, so there should be no floating chestnuts in the pot.
- Place the chestnuts in the pot and bring them to a boil. Then lower the heat and let them simmer for 30 – 40 minutes. You can also add any herbs and spices to this pot for enhanced flavor.
- Remove from heat and let them cool. Let them soak in hot water until it cools. It will become easier for you to peel the inner skin. Drain the water and puree the chestnuts with the help of a blender.
- Use this puree in chestnut soup and other recipes.
Need a sweet, indulgent cocktail to help you prepare this tasty Chestnut Soup? The Infused Strawberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect cocktail to give you all the ammunition to make any recipe, despite difficulty!