Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Crepes with Vanilla Cream and Raspberries
Homemade crepes are a breakfast staple recipe. Crepes are thin, tender, and delicious. They are speckled golden brown just to perfection. You will find these as delicate and perfect as you eat at the local ‘creperie. And you can flavor them up with decadent toppings. Crepe is a very popular, thin, pancake-style pastry that is served as a breakfast or dessert. It originated in Greece though it is now a part of French cuisine also. You will find many ‘creperies’ that sell mouth-melting, decadent crepes in both of these places. You can enjoy them either in sweet or savory flavors, and it is loved by people of all ages including kids, young people and elderly. Sweet crepes are usually filled or topped with whipped cream and berries, so we have aerated the cream in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Enjoy the nice, fresh, homemade crepes with decadent foamy cream and fresh raspberries.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Egg yolks – 3
- Raspberries – 900 grams
- Crepes – 12
- Powdered sugar – 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla beans – 1
- Mix egg yolks, heavy cream, vanilla seeds, and sugar (or five tablespoon syrup) in a bowl.
- Whisk until the sugar gets dissolved in the mixture.
- Pour in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger to infuse the ingredients with nitrous oxide.
- Shake vigorously and dispense them on all the crepes. Garnish with raspberries.
What are crepes made of?
Crepes are traditionally made from very common ingredients, including flour, milk, eggs, and salt. They are fried in butter or a little bit of oil. They may contain vanilla as a flavoring. Leavening agents such as baking soda and baking powder are not added to the formulation. Crepes are enjoyed as a delicate, wafer-thin pastry.
What is the best crepe batter ratio?
The best ratio for each cup of flour is 1 ½ cups of milk and three eggs. This ratio will give a very soft and smooth texture to the crepes without getting torn or misshapen. It is always better to use milk instead of water.
What equipment will you require for making crepes?
It is better to use a blender to mix the batter. It helps in achieving a very smooth texture of the batter that is free from lumps. It is better to let the mixture rest for an hour so that the starch absorbs moisture and the crepes are very soft.
You will also require a non-stick pan for frying the crepes. There is no need to purchase a special pan or crepe maker when you can simply do the job with the one present at your home.
You will need a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser to whipping a frothy, airy, light foam for the decadent whipped cream and raspberry topping in both places.
What ingredients will you require for making crepes?
You will need the following ingredients for making crepes:
- Milk: 2% milk will give a perfect consistency. You can also use skim milk or whole milk and adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Flour: The recipe turns out best with all-purpose flour. A protein-rich flour will make the crepes chewy. There is no need to use self-raising flour.
- Sugar: It gives a pleasantly sweet flavor and increases the tenderness of crepes.
- Butter: Butter adds richness and makes the crepes more palatable. It also prevents the crepes from sticking to the pan.
- Eggs: Adding eggs in a crepe is necessary for binding the batter together.
How to Make Crepes?
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, and pulse at a low speed until they get well combined.
- Pour in a bowl and let the batter rest for at least one hour. You can also keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Stir the batter again before you fry the crepes.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the skillet and add one-fourth cup from the batter into the pan.
- Swirl the pan in a circular motion so that the batter spreads evenly over the surface of the skillet.
- With the help of your fingertips, hold the edge of the crepe and flip it to the other side.
- Cook until it gets attractive golden brown spots.
- Take out on the wire rack and repeat until all batter is used up.
Tips for making the best crepes every time:
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 to 60 minutes so that the gluten strands develop and the crepes become tender yet smooth in texture.
- It is better to use a blender for making batter to ensure no lumps are formed in it.
- Use a non-stick skillet with a heavy bottom to prevent sticking. It also ensures even browning on all sides.
- Fry the crepes on low-medium heat so that any side would not burn.
- Start swirling the pan as soon as you pour the batter to spread evenly on all sides.
- Keep a standard measuring cup for pouring the batter so that the crepes are of even size instead of becoming too thick or too thin.
- Grease the pan with butter instead of oil for more flavorful crepes.
- Keep the crepes covered with a clean cloth or kitchen towel to keep them warm and moist.
Pair these tasty crepes with our Nitrous Infused Café Frappe Recipe for a breakfast of a lifetime!