The majority of the kids run away from vegetables but love eating tomatoes due to their delicious and tangy taste, and they are not a vegetable as well. Tomatoes are also great for weight loss or maintaining your weight. They enhance the flavor of almost every dish and are very nutritious. So, if you are a tomato lover, this is the perfect recipe you can look for anywhere in the cookbooks.
Almost everyone makes tomato purée, tomato sauces, tomato soups and whatnot. There are unlimited dishes involving the tomatoes, and so is our dish, but this one is a bit different. You do not get a heavy meal out of it but a light dip or foam that goes well with other food items, really well. This espuma is perfect for placing on a snack table, and you can also add it in salads and more such dishes where a sauce or light dip is required.
To prepare this delicious recipe, you need to have ten minutes for preparation, and fifteen minutes for cooking on your hand, altogether twenty-five minutes along with the time you must have a few ingredients in your pantry and some pieces of equipment, and you will have this delicious Nitro Fermented Tomato Espuma ready in no time. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Canister is the perfect equipment for this recipe as it makes making the espuma process extra speedy, provides the espuma with a rich taste that you can never accomplish in such a short time and with normal cooking, and it also provides the foam, a perfect consistency which makes this tool the best for this recipe.
Even though this recipe is extremely simple and economical, it does not compromise with tomato espuma. The taste it provides is unique and is a special kind of taste that you might have never thought of in your senses. The preparation of tomato espuma is really easy, so let's see how we can prepare this delicious recipe and impress our guests with a unique dish.
Total time for making the recipe
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
⦁ Hand Blender Machine
⦁ 1 gram of salt
⦁ 75 ml of heavy cream
⦁ 275 grams of fermented tomatoes
⦁ 1 gram of cane sugar
⦁ 1 gram of pepper
⦁ 75 ml of Greek yogurt
⦁ 75 ml of fermented tomato stock
- Preparation of Nitro Fermented Tomato Espuma is quite easy and requires only a few steps. To make this delicious espuma, take a bowl and add in your fermented tomatoes.
- Mash the tomatoes a little and place them aside. Take a blender; you can use a hand blender or a machine blender for this recipe; just make sure that everything blends perfectly.
- Anyway, add the fermented tomatoes and the tomato stock to the blender. Then blend them till a fine purée is formed.
- Open the blender cap and in the jug, add your Greek yogurt along with heavy cream and blend a little.
- Then again, open the blender cap and season the purée with salt, pepper and cane sugar as per your taste. Remember, you can either use powdered salt or pepper or use the fresh ground salt and pepper directly from the mill.
- Then take your whipped cream canister and place the funnel with the sieve on top of it. Pour your purée through the sieve and into the funnel.
- If there are any lumps in the purée, mash them using a spoon or spatula and make sure everything passes the sieve, do not add lumps or solids in the whipped cream canister.
- As soon as all the purée is transferred into the whipped cream canister using a sieve and funnel, attach the head on the whipped cream canister.
- Attach all the other canister pieces and charge them with a whipped cream cartridge.
- Once the nitrous oxide is released completely from the whipped cream charger, shake the canister strongly at least fourteen times and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let the mixture stay in the whipped cream canister placed in the fridge for at least six hours, and then it is ready for use.
- Shake the canister again and then dispense the Nitro Fermented Tomato Espuma. You can serve it with brown bread, white bread or any bread loaf and some Greek yogurt and wasabi or pickled cucumbers on the side.
Why is this recipe beneficial?
Tomatoes are often mistaken for a vegetable though they are fruit in reality. This fruit is used in many Asian cuisines for its taste and the amazing benefits it provides the consumer with. Tomatoes are rich in nutrients and contain natural minerals and vitamins. This fruit has a huge amount of vitamin B1, K, A, B3, B7, C, B6 and B5. It also contains iron, magnesium, potassium, folate, zinc, phosphorous, chromium and choline and many more such nutrients. These nutrients help with providing unlimited benefits to the human body. Tomatoes are great for good hair and skin, and they can be used as a mask for the hair and skin. Tomatoes also have properties that are anti-carcinogenic and help with fighting cancer. They increase lycopene production and help fight off stomach, colorectal and prostate cancer. Tomato also helps with bone health as it has calcium and vitamin K in abundant quantities essential for bone health. They also help repair the damage caused by smoking and are a great antioxidant. Tomatoes help the heart and decrease the cholesterol levels that lead to the prevention of diseases related to the heart. Then this fruit is also beneficial for people with type 2 Diabetes as it contains chromium, which helps maintain blood sugar levels. Tomatoes are perfect for gut health as they prevent constipation and improve the liver and the digestive system. They are loaded with vitamin C and provide a boost to immunity, and control stress hormones keeping you energized and healthy. Lastly, tomatoes are great for dieting as they burn fat because they increase the production of fat-burning amino acids and are also very easy to add to the diet.
How to make fermented tomatoes at home?
The homemade fermented tomatoes can be stored for six months in the refrigerator. They will continuously gain their taste even if they are in the fridge. Anyways, to prepare the fermented take a quart-sized glass jar and place peppercorns, mustard seeds and coriander seeds at the bottom of the jar. Then layer the basil, garlic, parsley and tomatoes on top of it. Take a bowl or jug and mix water with salt to produce the brine and then pour this brine mixture over the tomatoes and make sure your tomatoes are completely submerged in the brine. If required, use a weight to make the tomatoes stay in the brine, then cover the glass jar with a towel. Place your jar in a dark, dry and cool corner for at least six or eight days and leave it to ferment. Keep tasting the tomatoes during this time, and when they are finished fermenting, they will have champagne-like fizziness in your mouth. Cover this glass jar with its lid and store it in the fridge. They are perfect to use after one or two weeks.
How to substitute Greek yogurt if it is not available?
Greek yogurt is strained yogurt, and even though you cannot compare Greek yogurt or plain yogurt with other materials in taste, texture and appearance and even in nutrients, you can still substitute it quite easily. One of its substitutes is plain yogurt which has almost the same nutrients as Greek yogurt, but it has a milder and sweeter taste, while Greek yogurt is much tangier and thick. Then Greek yogurt can also be substituted by sour cream, cottage cheese, buttermilk, cream cheese, avocado and mayo. The substitution depends on what taste you are looking for and what recipe you are making, as you cannot use any substitute for Greek yogurt as it can destroy your dishes.