This recipe is for professional chefs though newbies can easily prepare this without issues if they have the knack for cooking or experimenting. Cooking is all about art and how you mix things to create something delicious to the tongue.
This Stockfish Brandade contains a few hidden ingredients and tools that give it its creamy and smooth texture. This recipe is a professional-level recipe that is sure to be the highlight of the evening due to its simple-looking façade that hides in delicious nutrients and amazing taste that is swoon-worthy.
Everyone can have the Brandade or the Stockfish soup or Stockfish Brandade by simply cooking the fish, adding in some spices and mixing in some cream to give the creamy texture and serving it to the guests, friends or family. But this recipe is the opposite of what you will consider as the simple or your local brandade or stockfish recipe as it contains the stockfish and has another ingredient mixed with it that you will find once you start making and reading the recipe!
To convert the raw materials into something amazing and delicious, all you need is some pieces of equipment, a few ingredients to prepare the dish and around thirty minutes from the day or evening or even night; depending on the time you are preparing this recipe to produce this delicious Nitro Stockfish Brandade. The Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Canister provides this brandade with its creamy texture and rich and delicious flavor, along with the color it has.
This type of recipe is just for the professionals as the way it is prepared is the chefs' way, but you can prepare this yummy recipe at home by just following our guide. Don't forget that you can make this dish easily at home and minimize the extra cooking time by simply using the whipped cream canister and making this recipe without any issues. So, without the wait, let's make some Nitro Stockfish Brandade and enjoy it with our loved ones!
Total time for making the recipe
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
⦁ 200 ml of milk
⦁ 1 clove of a garlic
⦁ 400 grams of salted stockfish
⦁ ½ lemon or two small lemons for grating
⦁ 200 ml of heavy whipping cream
⦁ 180 grams of floury potatoes
⦁ 100 ml of olive oil
⦁ ½ grams of grounded saffron
- To prepare Stockfish Brandade, take a bowl and add in cold water. Then soak the stockfish in the chilled water for at least ten hours.
- While the fish is soaking the cold water, change the water as it gets warm to keep it chill. Then drain the stockfish and place it in a roasting pan or a simple pan.
- Take a bowl and mix in heavy whipping cream, milk, garlic and saffron. Spread this mixture over the stockfish so that it covers the stockfish completely.
- Place the lid of the pan on it and bring this mixture to a boil. Then after the boil, turn off the stove and let the fish stay covered for ten minutes.
- After the fish is steeped, remove it and place the remaining stock aside. Remove the skin and bones of the stockfish while breaking the fish meat into small pieces by using a fork.
- Take a pot and boil the potatoes in it till it turns soft, then mash the potatoes using potato press and then mix these mashed potatoes with stock and fish pieces.
- The consistency of this mixture should be just like a potato purée and so mix all of them well. Then very carefully add in olive oil and mix the purée with it to form a creamy consistency.
- Take the whipped cream canister with its funnel and sieve. Pour the purée through the sieve and funnel and directly into the whipped cream canister.
- Then screw the head of the whipped cream canister and place all the remaining parts on it. Now attach a sole whipped cream charger and let the gas release completely.
- Once the gas is released, shake the whipped cream canister vigorously at least twelve times.
- Take a bain-marie or a water bath at 75 degrees centigrade maximum and place the whipped cream canister in it.
- Then dish out the Stockfish Brandade into a bowl or deep plate that already has the roasted white bread and the lemon zest. Serve immediately!
What are the benefits of eating Stockfish?
Stockfish is widely devoured in Nigeria and is a very tasty fish as it has an enhanced aroma and taste. It is usually called Okproko in Nigeria by the Igbo people and has a very deep history. This fish has many benefits as it is high in nutrients. Stockfish is a great source of protein as it is one of the fishes with the highest protein content compared to the other fish, and it does not have any high-fat protein. Instead, stockfish has low-fat protein. This fish also promotes brain health as it contains a massive amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for giving your brain a boost to improve focus and memory. Stockfish also helps regulate the cholesterol levels in the human body. Due to omega-3 fatty acids, this fish helps reduce LDL cholesterol while simultaneously increasing the maintenance and production of HDL cholesterol. The stockfish helps prevent multiple heart diseases, which are generally caused by bad cholesterol levels in the body. Stockfish has an abundant quantity of nutrients, including selenium and vitamin B12, which are beneficial for preventing colon cancer and providing a healthy gut. It allows the body to prevent various digestive diseases and issues. Stockfish has very thick flesh as soon as it comes in contact with the water, making this fish very satisfying to eat and allowing the body to lose weight because you will be eating very few calories. The main issue when it comes to eating fish is the mercury content present in fish meat which can lead to a range of health issues, but stockfish is a fish that has lower mercury content compared to other fishes, which makes it perfect for those people who want to avoid eating or consuming mercury.
What are the benefits of Saffron?
Saffron is one of the most expensive spices all around the globe. The reason behind its huge cost is the labor-demanding harvesting method, which makes this spice extra costly. This spice from Greece has many benefits that you can easily avail yourself of by eating. This spice is rich in powerful antioxidants, including safranal, crocetin, crocin, and kaempferol. These compounds also have antidepressant properties and protect the brain cells against advanced damage, reduce appetite, helps in weight loss and reduce inflammation. It is named the sunshine spice due to its amazing property to brighten up the mood of the consumer. Saffron is known for its anti-depressive and mood-enhancing properties as it has various compounds present, which provide it with such benefits. Then it is also great to prevent or fight off cancer, suppress the growth of cancerous cells in the colon, and prevent other types of cancers, including lung, cervix, breast cancers, and more. This spice helps reduce premenstrual symptoms and might act as an aphrodisiac which helps with boosting your libido. It is great when it comes to reducing appetite and promoting weight loss. This spice might help lower the risk of heart diseases, lower blood sugar levels, enhance eyesight in adults, prevent eye-related diseases, and is also great for people with Alzheimer's condition as it might improve the cognitive memory in adults. Last but not least, saffron is a spice that is easy to add to our diet, and its small amount provides unlimited benefits to the human body.
Can I make this recipe for a huge crowd?
Yes! You can easily prepare this dish for a huge crowd by multiplying the quantities of the ingredients for the number of people you want to serve it to. This recipe is for two people, and for example, if you want to prepare it for 10 to 20 people, you can easily multiply the quantity of ingredients by 5 or 10. Like you will then have 1000 ml of milk for 10 people and 2000 ml of milk for 20 people instead of 200 ml of milk and so on. Then serve it in a larger bowl with some toasted bread on the side to enjoy!
What is a Standard Stockfish Soup recipe?
A simple stockfish soup recipe consists of a few steps and ingredients:
- You have to take the stockfish and season it properly with garlic, onions, salt and black pepper.
- Then add in water and cook the fish till it is tender. Clean the pomo, add it to the cooking fish, and then cook a little.
- Then take the stockfish and pomo from the stock and keep the stock aside. Take a nonstick pot and place it on the stove. Set the heat to medium and add in your oil.
- Put some garlic in, stir the garlic, and then add in gino pepper mix and stir. Then add in your fresh tomatoes mixture, stir, and let it cook a bit.
- Now add in the stockfish stock, and once it boils, let the water reduce as per your requirement.
- Add in stockfish and pomo and then season it with spices and salt and let it cook.
- Let the stew cook for longer as it will enhance the taste and keep shaking or stirring in the pot in between. Then when the water is almost reduced, add in some sliced tomatoes and allow it to simmer for a small time.
Now, it is ready to be served and enjoyed!