Salmon is often served with sauces made with Dijon and dill as they are the best pairings for salmon. We created the Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Graved Salmon, Dill and Mustard Espuma with Baked Salmon by combining cured salmon with dill and Dijon mustard. The creamy, frothy sauce makes the salmon more palatable. You can serve the espuma as a starter or as a main course with baked salmon for a luxurious dinner. Baking salmon is easy, simple, and quick. It comes out very juicy and tender. You can bake it with or without foil.
The espuma has a very refreshing taste thanks to the Dijon mustard and dill. The recipe contains simple and tantalizing ingredients, which make the espuma very flavorful and delicious. We can say that it the ultimate salmon dinner recipe for parties and special occasions. Whipping up the recipe in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser makes it lighter and makes it pleasantly foamy. It also saves a lot of your time. If you are having some guests who love salmon, you can prepare both salmon and espuma beforehand. Therefore you get plenty of time for socializing instead of working in the kitchen.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Heavy cream – 2/3 cups
- Salt – 1/6 teaspoon
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- White wine – 1 tablespoon
- Dijon mustard – 3 ½ tablespoon
- Fish stock – ½ cup
- Noilly Prat vermouth – 1 tablespoon
- Dill – 2 tablespoons
- Crème Fraiche – ¼ cup
- Cane sugar – ¼ teaspoon
- Gravlax fermented – 5 ounces
- Chop the smoked salmon and place it in a blender.
- Now add fish stock, vermouth, white wine, Dijon mustard, and dill to the blender and puree well.
- Fold in the heavy cream and cream Fraiche.
- Season with spices and pour in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and serve chilled.
- Preheat the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the salmon with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon on the baking sheet so that the skin side is downwards on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the salmon gets opaque from the center.
Why is the recipe perfect for all occasions?
- The recipe is ideal for dinners and gatherings because it is so creamy, frothy, and luxurious.
- The recipe is simple, healthy, and easy.
- The recipe contains the luxurious creamy foam flavored with dill and Dijon mustard.
- The recipe is nutritious as it contains the protein and good fats present in the salmon, yet it is so delicious that even picky eater will enjoy it.
- You can serve it with baked, broiled, pan-seared, smoked, or grilled salmon.
What is Gravlax?
Gravlax is a form of charcuterie that primarily belongs to the North Atlantic and Northern Europe. It is an inevitable part of Nordic cuisine and is primarily used in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland. The word “Gravlax” is a compound word that is made from two words, “grav” meaning grave, and “lax” means salmon in Scandinavian. So the term “Gravlax” means buried salmon, an ancient method used by fishermen to preserve extra fish.
Today, gravlax is made after skinning the fish and making its fillets. The mixture is then left with a coating of salt and sugar mixture for curing. Most often, the fermented gravlax has a distinct odor with a tangy flavor. It is a bright orange, translucent meat that has thin white stripes. The salty taste is neutralized by sugar. The salmon fat imparts a buttery flavor to the gravlax.
Can you grill salmon instead of baking it?
Skin-on salmon is best for grilling. Preheat the grill at about 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush some oil on both sides of the fillet and grill each side for four to six minutes. Check for the doneness before removing it from the grill.
How to serve the Graved salmon, dill, and mustard espuma?
This gravlax-sas is made by blending the smoked salmon into a silky, smooth, creamy, and frothy sauce flavored with Dijon mustard and dill. The dish is the perfect starter when served with a salmon fillet, salmon roe, or salmon caviar.
You can also serve it with bread, potatoes or crackers. It is a perfect topping for open-faced sandwiches and canapes. You can also serve it with a green salad for a perfectly healthy meal.
Complement this light, tasty dinner recipe with our Infused Tiramisu with Berries Recipe to put your sweet tooth at ease!