Refreshing, delicious, cool, light, and creamy are just a few words that can describe this grape gazpacho! Green grapes, almonds, and cucumber make the soup so flavorful that you will lick the bowl clean without feeling full. Every bite is so cool and refreshing that it will make your summer meals amazing.
You can simply whip up the grapes gazpacho without cooking it, which means there is no need to turn on the stoves in the scorching summer heat. Most people will imagine tomatoes when they hear the word Gazpacho, but this classic version of green gazpacho is made from fresh green grapes, almonds, and cucumber.
Making this delicious green gazpacho is very simple. Just pulse everything in the blender and whip the puree in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Then garnish the soup with almonds, grapes, or mint leaves.
This green grape and cucumber gazpacho soup recipe is a chilled Spanish soup very similar to ‘Ajo Blanco’s. This refreshing and nutritious soup is always a great hit. Eat with hunks of your favorite bread and enjoy the green grapes gazpacho as a cool summer lunch or light dinner.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Seedless green grapes – 2 cups
- Cucumber – ½ cup
- Granny Smith apples – ½ cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup - chopped
- White grape juice – 1 cup
- Almond slivers – 20 almonds
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Rice wine vinegar – ½ tablespoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Plain yogurt – 1 cup
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender until the mixture takes a very smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger, shake well and keep in refrigerator until chilled.
- For serving, dispense the grape gazpacho foam in serving bowls, and garnish with some almond slivers and grape halves.
What is a Gazpacho?
Gazpacho, the summer comfort food that is popular all over Spain, originated from Andalusia. Traditionally the gazpacho was introduced as a smart way of using leftover fruits and vegetables, especially stale bread.
This green grape gazpacho recipe is derived from the famous Spanish soup called ‘Ajo BlancoAjo; a white gazpacho whipped from almonds and cucumbers.
Is Grapes Gazpacho nutritious?
Almonds, green grapes, cucumber, and apples; make this cold soup an amazingly nutritious and delicious choice for vegetarians. It’s good for kids of all ages as it helps in their growth and development. Grapes gazpacho is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The nutrients remain intact because the gazpacho is not cooked at all. It does not contain any unhealthy ingredients.
Can you serve grapes like gazpacho at a party?
Pour the grapes gazpacho in shot glasses and serve it at your party as an appetizer. It’s a great serving in a small bites menu. To serve as part of the AIP protocol, skip the almonds from a garnish or place them separately. Don’t forget to keep an assortment of bread along with green grapes gazpacho.
How to choose the best grapes for grape gazpacho?
Grapes are one of the best fruits that you can use for making refreshing, cool gazpacho. If you want to make the soup more compelling, you should use plump and sweet grapes to make this recipe. As you have to blend everything raw in this recipe, you must use the best quality ingredients that are preferably grown under organic conditions.
The flavor of fresh grapes is sweet-tart, and they are firm in texture. Fresh grapes are tightly attached to their stems. If you see any visible molds or the grapes are wet or slimy, you must discard them immediately. When the grapes leave the stems, or the stems have turned dry and brittle, it indicates that the grapes are losing their freshness.
How to make a perfect grapes gazpacho?
There are some tips and tricks that will make your grapes gazpacho a super hit recipe.
- Try to grab some Marcona almonds, as they are typical Spanish almonds ideal for this recipe.
- Soak the almonds overnight for best results. They will become easier to blend and form a creamy, smooth texture after blending.
- You can skip the apples if you are skeptical about adding them. But apples are a great addition to grapes gazpacho.
- Experiment with the recipe with the vinegar of your choice, such as sherry vinegar.
- Add one or half of a garlic clove to enhance the taste.
- A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil will make the gazpacho even creamier.
- Use Persian cucumbers as they are tenderer and more flavorful. However, you can use English cucumbers if the Persian ones aren’t available. Remove the peels as they can turn the soup bitter.
- Don’t forget to taste your grapes before adding them to the gazpacho. If they are very sour, then do not add vinegar. This step will prevent the sour flavor of the soup from becoming too overwhelming.
- You can replace the grape juice or yogurt with the vegetable stock in the gazpacho.