Lamb Chops With Mint Jelly Foam and Mashed Peas
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Lamb Chops With Mint Jelly Foam and Mashed Peas are a perfect dinner any night of the week but when served with mashed peas and mint foam, they become an eminent dinner-party star. Moist, juicy, tender and meaty from inside, lamb chops are an ideal spring meal. They are so lean that anyone can enjoy them. Lamb chops are more expensive than other cuts of meat and that is why they give a luxurious look to your dining table when presented at a party. Ideally lamb chops should be cooked to a point that they retain their slight pink color from the insides. Resting the chops for a few minutes after taking them out from the oven makes them moist. Rightly done lamb chops have a delicious flavor and a juicy texture. Peas and mint make an ideal combination with lamb chops as they have a natural sweetness. This property lets the peas compliment the gamey flavor of lamb. We whipped the mint jelly in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser to make a soft, yet firm, dip for an additional twist. The sweet, tangy flavors of the mint jelly will make you eat more than you just need to.
- Lamb roast – 25 oz– preferably shoulder side
- Salt – 2 teaspoons (adjust for your salt type and your taste)
- Allspice – ½ teaspoon
- Peppercorns – ½ teaspoon
- Dried sage leaves – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh mint leaves – 3 teaspoons – chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Gelatin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 2 teaspoons – chopped
- Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Shelled peas – 2 cups
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- In a saucepan, heat sugar, vinegar, and three tablespoons of water on very low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water, and then add two tablespoons of hot water and stir well to dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the sugar and vinegar syrup and mix well.
- Add mint, shallot, and garlic, and blend the mixture to form a puree.
- Pour in a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser through a funnel and sieve.
- Charge with one Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake vigorously to infuse the recipe
- Remove the charger, cap tightly, and keep in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Wash and dry the lamb shoulder using a paper towel. Make sure that no moisture remains on its surface.
- Mix salt, pepper, sage, and allspice and grind in a coffee grinder. You can also use a mortar and pestle. Grind coarsely.
- Rub it on the lamb shoulder evenly.
- Take a large pan and heat vegetable oil.
- Sear the meat evenly from all sides.
- Now take a baking tray and place the meat over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for at least 20 minutes.
- If you have a thermometer, insert it in the thickest part of the meat.
- When the temperature of the thickest part reaches 140 degrees, you can remove it from the oven.
- Let it cool down for fifteen minutes before proceeding further.
- Boil peas in a saucepan in salted water until tender.
- Drain the water and mash the peas.
- Add the butter, salt, and pepper.
- Cut thin slices of the lamb across the grain.
- On each plate, place one lamb slice, and place a dollop of mashed peas.
- With the help of a thin nozzle attached to the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, dispense the mint foam over and around the lamb meat.
- You can creatively make an attractive presentation with mint foam to impress your guests.
How to choose the right chops for this recipe?
Lamb chops may come from various areas of an animal. The most commonly used chops are the rib, loin, shoulder, and sirloin. Each one varies from the other in terms of price and tenderness.
Rib Chops: They are also recognized as lamb lollipops. They have a tender meat eye at the center.
Sirloin Chops: They are rather thick and perfect for grilling or broiling. They cost less than the other chops.
Shoulder Chops: They are marbled and cook well when braised or pan-fried.
Loin Chops: Loin chops are the most expensive ones as they are very juicy and tender.
To top off an elegant dinner, create the Infused Chocolate Cake Recipe to satisfy your, and your guests', sweet tooth!
Photo by: Meg Vitchakorn