Orange Marmalade Cupcakes
Galaxy Gas Nitrous Infused Recipes
Cupcakes are a great treat for both kids and adults. You can make and eat them in many fun ways. The moment when you peel the cupcake liner and take a bite, you reach into another world of flavor and fantasy. These sweet, soft, and mouth-melting Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Orange Marmalade Cupcakes with a frosting directly dispensed from a whipped cream dispenser is a piece from heaven. You can use the seasonal oranges by making your fresh orange marmalade or use bottled orange marmalade, totally depending on your convenience and choice. The delicious cupcakes bursting with tangy orange flavor are a real treat. Topped with a cream whipped in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser, these delicious buttermilk decadent cupcakes are a dream of every chocolate lover. These cupcakes have a wonderful orange flavor and a very light texture. If you are craving the taste of fresh, seasonal oranges, give a try at these creamiest cupcakes, and you won’t regret.
- Eggs – 4
- Flour – 1.5 cup
- Butter – 1 cup
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Orange zest – 1 tablespoon
- Orange Marmalade – ½ cup
- Heavy whipping cream – 1 ½ cup
- Icing sugar – 4 tablespoons
- Orange food coloring – 1 drop
- Orange essence – 1 drop
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser - 1
- Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger - 1
- Cream the butter and sugar with the help of whisk beaters.
- Add eggs one by one and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the buttermilk and orange zest and combine well.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients separately and then fold them gently into the wet mixture.
- Line the cupcake mold with cupcake liners and fill each of them up to 2/3 of its capacity with the cupcake mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can check by inserting a toothpick in their center to make sure they are done from inside.
- Take out the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for fifteen minutes before taking them out from their mold.
- Take a piping bag with a thin tip, or you can use a syringe also. Fill the orange marmalade in the piping bag or syringe. Insert the tip in the center of the cupcake and release a reasonable amount of the orange marmalade inside each cupcake.
- Combine the whipping cream, icing sugar, food coloring and orange essence.
- Pour the cream mixture in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Charge with 1 Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger, shake vigorously and dispense the cream over the cupcakes, covering them completely with a generous amount of whipped cream.
- Decorate with candied orange zest and sprinkles
Some tips for orange marmalade cupcakes:
We added the finely shredded zest in the cupcake mixture, as the big pieces would impart a bitter taste in the mouth. To give a prominent orange flavor to the whipped cream, we have added orange essence. If the orange marmalade leaks from the top of the cupcake, there is no need to worry about it; ultimately, you will cover the top with super-rich and frothy whipped cream.
Can you use a boxed cake mix for making this recipe?
You can also use a boxed cake mix if you prefer more convenience. We have made the cupcakes from scratch so that you get every bit of indulgence packed in the cupcakes.
How to make orange marmalade from fresh oranges?
Here is an easy way to produce fresh, homemade marmalade which is free from additives and preservatives in a few simple steps;
1. Wash and pat dry fresh oranges. With a sharp peeling knife or vegetable peeler, remove the bright orange part of the peel.
2. Chop or shred the zest in sizes you are comfortable within your marmalade.
3. Carefully remove all the white pith from each orange.
4. Peel the entire oranges and remove them from sections.
5. Discard white pith and ends. Keep the membranes and seeds for extracting pectin.
6. Mix the chunks of fruit with its zest, juice, sugar, and water in a large pot and melt the sugar over low flame while stirring occasionally.
7. Tie the membranes and seeds in cheesecloth and place this pouch in the pot.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes at 220 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not stir the mixture.
9. Drop a dollop of the mixture over a chilled plate. The consistency of the mixture should be setting on the plate.
10. Discard the pouch with membranes and seeds.
11. With the help of a spoon, stir the mixture to distribute the zest evenly.
12. Remove from flame and let it rest for five minutes.
13. Pour the mixture into buttermilk sterilized jars and seal them. Keep refrigerated.
14. Eat with toast and flavor these yummy cupcakes with your natural, homemade, fresh marmalade.
Photo by Jennifer Pallian