Despite its Mexican origin, Paloma is popular all around the world. Paloma is a thirst-quenching tequila-based cocktail. This sophisticated drink is infused with grapefruit soda such as squirt for a refreshing blast. It is easy to make and very delicious. We have innovated a Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Paloma with Grapefruit Foam by using freshly squeezed grapefruit juice instead of the squirt. Here we have adopted an amazing way of incorporating grapefruit juice in the recipe – by turning the juice into a foam with Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Chargers. We have also added a little bit of sugary syrup to enhance the sweetness of the drink. By following this recipe, you can make the grapefruit foam for a number of several waver; the formula under “For the Paloma” makes only one serving of Paloma.
1 Hour 30 Minutes
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice – 2 ½ cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Gelatin – 2 sheets, 0.9%
- Tequila – ¼ cup
- Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice – 1/8 cup
- Lime juice – 3 teaspoon
- Club Soda – ¼ cup
- Grapefruit wedge
- Kosher salt
- Grapefruit foam
For the Grapefruit Foam:
- Take a pot, and mix the grapefruit juice with gelatin and sugar.
- Keep it for a while to let it bloom.
- Let it cook for five to ten minutes on a low flame to dissolve all the sugar and gelatin.
- Remove from flame, and after cooling pour it into a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Seal the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser and charge it with 1 Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for a couple of hours so that the gelatin gets set.
- You can store this foam in the refrigerator for even a few days.
- Cut the grapefruit into four pieces.
- Now make the slices of grapefruit so that each slice is 13mm (1/2”).
- Place the grapefruit wedges on a roasting plate.
- With the help of a torch, caramelize the grapefruit wedges and sugar.
- If the torch is not available, you can grill them over high heat.
- Take one wedge of the grapefruit and rub it thoroughly on the rim of your glass.
- Now dip the rim of the glass into salt.
- Mix the grapefruit juice with tequila, syrup, and lime and shake well.
- Fill half portion of the glass with club soda and ice.
- Pour the tequila, grapefruit juice mixture.
- Dispense the grapefruit foam from the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser on on top of the glass.
- Lastly, set the grapefruit wedge.
How strong is the Paloma?
You can make your Paloma strong or weak as you desire, depending on the quantity of soda you are using in it. As for the tequila, you can change the quantity according to the amount of alcohol you prefer in your cocktail. The recommended ratio for this tall drink is approximately 10% ABV (Alcohol By Volume). In this way, it becomes similar to an average glass of wine.
Can you make this drink without fresh Grapefruit Juice?
If you don’t have fresh grapefruits you can use in this recipe; you can use the grapefruit sodas such as Jarritos, Fresca or, Squirt. In this case, you don’t need to use club soda. If you prefer a strong grapefruit flavor, you can try craft sodas such as Izze, Q Drinks and, Hansen’s.
To make the grapefruit foam, you can use any packaged grapefruit juice or grapefruit puree instead of fresh grapefruit juice.
What variations can you put in this recipe?
- You can use a chili-infused syrup if you prefer the spicy version of this drink.
- Ginger is another healthy yet refreshing flavor that you can add to Paloma.
- Instead of the Tequila that is used traditionally, you can test Vodka or gin in this recipe.
- Add lime juice if you don’t mind tartness.