Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Shortcakes with Whipped Cream and Agar Fruit Gels
Shortcakes with berries and fresh fruits make a great treat for summers. Using various whipping siphon foams and fruit gels made with agar agar you can create an interesting variety of shortcakes for holidays and parties. For making the base, you can use biscuits, pound cake, or angel food cake. For the cake, you can bake it fresh at home or use a ready-made cake. All sorts of berries work great in this recipe. However, strawberry shortcakes are the most popular ones. Then comes the creamy topping of the shortcakes, for which you can use heavy cream or whipped cream. If you have a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger, you can make a large amount of foamy and frothy whipped cream for topping your fruity shortcakes.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Heavy cream or whipping cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla or any other extract – ¾ teaspoon
- Powdered sugar – 4 teaspoons
- Fruit juice or fruit puree – 7/8 cup – strained and seeds removed
- Agar – 0.5 teaspoon – 1%
- Honey – as per taste
- Angel food cake or sponge cake
- Dark chocolate – make shavings
- Fruit chunks
- Mint leaves
- Mix the whipping cream or heavy cream, sugar, and flavoring.
- Add this mixture to the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser.
- Seal the dispenser and charge with a Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger.
- Shake vigorously at least 6 times to infuse the mixture
- Keep chilled in a refrigerator until you need to dispense
- Mix the agar with fruit juice and blend with the help of an immersion blender
- Add honey to achieve the desired sweetness
- Take a pot with a thick bottom. Place the agar and fruit mixture on the stove
- Bring this mixture to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Take a mold and pour all the contents of the pot into that mold. Let it cool and set.
- To assemble the shortcakes, cut circles with the help of a pastry cutter or ring mold. Or you can cut multiple rounds from the circles in case your gel has a thick consistency. In case you don’t own a pastry cutter, you can use a knife to cut them in a square or rectangle shape.
- Now take a serving dish or a platter, place the shortcake rounds on it, and put some fruit gel over it. Dispense some cream over it from your Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. Garnish with fresh fruit chunks and chocolate shavings.
How to make this recipe for a large crowd?
The recipe makes four servings in glasses. However, if you want it to serve at your party, you can set it as a trifle in a large bowl. Use at least double of this recipe depending on the number of people you are going to serve.
Use toasted cake for the best results:
Homemade or store-bought, pound cake tastes even better if it is toasted in an oven. Slice the cake into pieces and place them in a baking tray. Leave some space between the pieces of cake so that they can toast evenly. Keep in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes till they are golden brown. Let them cool for 45 minutes before setting the dessert. Toast the angel cake on the same day when you intend to prepare this dessert.
How do you prepare the strawberries for making a shortcake?
Remove the stems and wash strawberries under running water. Place them on the paper towel and let them dry in the air. Now slice them into halves and quarters. Discard the top portion of each strawberry.
Now mix these strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl, and refrigerate for at least two hours. In this way, you can get sweet strawberry syrup.