The Galaxy Gas Nitrous Recipe: Yogurt Sour Cream Dressing is a light, tangy and creamy sauce that can help you ditch a jar of fat-laden mayonnaise. This is an all-purpose yogurt-based salad dressing that you can use for your favorite salad from simple garden salad, a pasta salad, coleslaw, creamy broccoli salad, or a chicken salad. The extremely light, fluffy, and creamy yogurt dressing is easy to make and gives an extraordinary taste to everything you dip in it, even grilled fish or meat. Turn out plain yogurt and sour cream into a delicious salad dressing by aerating it in Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser. The nice, creamy consistency makes it a healthier choice for salad greens and other chopped vegetable salads.
⦁ Whipped Cream Canister
⦁ Whipped Cream Charger
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- White wine vinegar – 4 teaspoons
- Honey – 4 teaspoons
- Milk – 2/3 cup
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser with the help of a sieve and funnel.
- Charge with Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Charger and shake about sixteen times.
- Dispense directly on your salad or in a bowl.
How to store the yogurt sour cream dressing?
You can store the yogurt sour cream dressing in a refrigerator for three days. Place in an air-tight container to prevent it from absorbing any smell or losing its flavor. Take out from the fridge and bring to room temperature before using.
Whole milk yogurt or low-fat yogurt – which one is better?
Whole milk yogurt is a better choice for this recipe as it contains a lesser amount of additives, stabilizers, and artificial thickeners. Though it has a greater amount of dairy fat in it, whole milk yogurt gives a richer and creamier texture to the dressing. Nonfat yogurt will give a watery, thin dressing. Use only if your doctor or dietitian tells you to avoid whole fat yogurt.
Is the dressing healthier than mayonnaise?
Sour cream is often substituted for mayonnaise and is considered healthier than mayonnaise. It has a rich consistency and a slightly tart flavor, making it suitable for use in salads and sandwiches.
One serving of sour cream is two tablespoons, and it contains only 52 calories which are lesser than the number of calories in one tablespoon. Whipping this dressing in the Galaxy Gas Whipped Cream Dispenser further reduces the number of calories per serving by adding volume to the sauce.
What variations are possible for this recipe?
You can make this recipe even more tantalizing by adding freshly chopped herbs like chervil, dill, mint, parsley, or rosemary.
How to make sour cream at home?
You can also make sour cream at home by following these steps;
- Whisk one cup cream with one teaspoon distilled white vinegar. You can also use one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- After ten minutes, add ¼ cup whole milk.
- Cover it with a lid or cheesecloth and keep the jar at room temperature for 24 to 48 hours.
- Sour cream makes an ideal substitute for mayonnaise, especially for people who avoid eggs or have allergies to eggs.
Tips for making Perfect Yogurt Sour Cream Dressing:
While most people prefer bottled dressings, they cannot compare with fresh, homemade dressings. Homemade dressings are made from fresh, wholesome, and safe ingredients. They are a nourishing and healthy addition to the salads.
Here are some simple tips that will help you if you are trying this recipe first time at home;
- Since yogurt and sour cream are both tangy in flavor, you can use a little bit of honey or stevia if you do not prefer a tangy sauce.
- Prepare the sauce a couple of hours before serving, as the dressing develops flavors while it sits.
- If you are adding any herbs, be careful about their quantities. First taste and then add more if required.
- If you are using fresh herbs, you will require a 3x greater quantity than the dried herbs.
Which salads go best with yogurt sour cream dressing?
It all depends on your personal preferences. But we are sure that you can enhance any leafy green salad laden with the most delicious vegetables with this yogurt sour cream dressing. The dressing is also ideal for baked potatoes, potato salads, and other vegetables such as cucumber and tomato. One dollop will give a burst of flavors with egg salads, meat, or fish.
Is Yogurt Sour Cream Dressing a healthy choice?
The yogurt cream dressing does not contain any inflammatory oils, as you just need to add olive oil to it. Plus, there are no processed or artificial sugars in the recipe. Yogurt contains probiotics that are good for gut health.
The homemade sour cream dressing is the easiest and healthier version of a creamy dressing that you will crave for adding to your everyday salads. If you are counting your calories, you can choose a fat-free sour cream or light sour cream (10.5 % milkfat). The full-fat sour cream has 18% milk fat in it. It also contains calcium and riboflavin.